• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Story Behind This?????

Ry.1982

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
7446206220_125693f3da_z.jpg

I have never seen another set with this engraving, and they supposedly came from a factory repair.... Anyone know anything about it?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68063587@N07/7446206220/

Original link to the picture ^

looks familiar... I would love to have that on some lenses!

It's no doubt a custom third party engraving. The engraving looks very fresh. I wouldn't go so far to say it's sloppy, but it's not perfect.

Which brings up a question. Has Oakley ever engraved anything? We have obviously seen surface etchings, but have we ever seen engravings such as the one above or like how it is done ion rings?

Last edited:
It's no doubt a custom third party engraving. The engraving looks very fresh. I wouldn't go so far to say it's sloppy, but it's not perfect.

Which brings up a question. Has Oakley ever engraved anything? We have obviously seen surface etchings, but have we ever seen engravings such as the one above or like how it is done ion rings?
Ok, maybe not completely sloppy, as a graphic designer, typography is my game so it stands out like a very sore thumb. But I do like it, and given the chance I would engrave my own pair....Centered.

It's funny how that works - a one-off on an already rare pair. Collectability?

If done by the manufacturer, goes way up.

If done by someone else after the fact, goes way down...

Latest Posts

Back