• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is this case and what's it worth?

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
Today I was in a store that was closing and I noticed they had this Oakley case. The employee on duty said they were going to move everything to a new location, but I got the owner's number to see if he's willing to sell it instead.

But I haven't seen one of these before. Anyone know what it is? The top cube looks like it's a separate piece from the lower base. And it's not aluminum or plastic but a heavy steel - you can see all those magnets on it...

What would be a fair price, for just the cube and for the whole thing? Thanks!
20140901_150343.jpg

You don't want that case, it has gay written all over it! Lol, I couldn't resist :lol:

That's a nice case, I wouldn't be surprised if he sells it to you for 150 to 200

You don't want that case, it has gay written all over it! Lol, I couldn't resist :lol:

That's a nice case, I wouldn't be surprised if he sells it to you for 150 to 200

Haha...

I'm not sure if he'll be willing to sell it at all. But it's worth a shot, and I'm doing my homework first...

That is the case they use at O stores to feature I want to say "Limited edition" items. The bottom part is metal I think. They normally stick a 3 ft X 16 inches magnetic Oakley design on it. I purchased one from @InfiniteHero back then.

Last edited:
Well the cube was around 160 and the base 169 sent internationally, domestic says 0 no help there, but here is a sort of price range

Cube 3.0? With base ... Id start at 50$ and work my way up ;)
Yep, Cube 3.0 SKU 97-589 and Pedestal 3.0 SKU 97-590. Catalogue gives the capacity as 5 units.

Quite interesting that, actually, it gives capacities for all the cases:

Mega Tower 3.0 - 45 units
Double Wide 3.0 - 65 units
Premium Tower - 60-65 units
Square O Tower - 45 units
Counter Top 3.0 - 15 units
Cube 3.0 - 5 units
Double-Sided 32 Piece Slim Tower - 32 units (surprise surprise, given what it's called)

How does that match up with how many pairs people have in their 3.0 cases? I have 18 pairs in my x-metal countertop but no 3.0 to compare it with for size.

Back