• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is this serial number?

karasugenji

I should Work at Oakley
Hi my friend shared me some pictures of his juliet. I checked the serial number it's W014905A. I remember i was with him when he bought it at some dealer shop many years ago
I did some research of this number but couldn't find anything expect at oxm.parts. it says
W######Warranty X-Metal
Number starting with W Is tagged as warranty. What does it mean? Is it a refurbished model?

IMG-20220407-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20220407-WA0007.jpg

It means at some point somebody sent a defective pair in to Oakley and Oakley sent this different new pair back.

It means at some point somebody sent a defective pair in to Oakley and Oakley sent this different new pair back.
i see. so it's this number is for totally new or refurbished? it may come from their warranty stock then the shop sold it to him knowing it was from there but didn't tell him.

No it was a brand new frame that they gave out when someone exchanged a defective frame for the warranty frame.....the A at the end I believe means it's a 2nd gen warranty frame

No it was a brand new frame that they gave out when someone exchanged a defective frame for the warranty frame.....the A at the end I believe means it's a 2nd gen warranty frame
Got it.thx for the explanation

Latest Posts

Back