• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Your Fastest Craigslist Score...from Time Of Initial Post To In Hand?

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
Thought that this would be an interesting thread (for all the Craigslist lurkers, LOL). What is the fastest turn around time you've had on a CL Oakley purchase? This is timed from the initial posting of the item to actually paid and in hand.

I saw an ad today that was posted at 12:23pm, I answered with an email at 12:37pm...an 2 emails, a text and two phone calls later I'm holding my latest purchase...official time, 1:10pm. This was my fastest transaction buying/selling or trading through CL. I'm guessing that 47 mins. total turnaround time isn't going to be the fastest, but it's pretty damn quick...even the seller was surprised, LOL.

Here's what I got...been wanting a pair for a while, but never thought I'd get it anytime soon! The icing on the cake was it being the polished black frame, no preference on the lenses but the vr28's are one of my favorites anyway. Overall condition is a solid 9 out of 10. Stoked!!!!

DSC03782.jpg

DSC03783.jpg

DSC03784.jpg

CL and the other classifieds here are a bit more difficult due to the fact that there is a city named Oakley here in a Utah. So everytime you search for "Oakley" some glasses and other swag pulls up, but alot of listings from people in that city. The quickest pickup was when I was grabbing a Monster at 7-11, while waiting in line, jumped on the ole' iphone. Put in the search criteria and there is was an "Oakely case" (spelled that way). Text'd, address given, and five bucks cash out from 7-11, address was two blocks from the store. I found out when I get there this was an x metal vault in perfection condition. Total time 09 mins?

I confirmed my Stretch Case in under a minute from listing it, had it loaded in 25 minutes and it's a 30 minute drive. Was not going to let that one slip!

Thought that this would be an interesting thread (for all the Craigslist lurkers, LOL). What is the fastest turn around time you've had on a CL Oakley purchase? This is timed from the initial posting of the item to actually paid and in hand.

I saw an ad today that was posted at 12:23pm, I answered with an email at 12:37pm...an 2 emails, a text and two phone calls later I'm holding my latest purchase...official time, 1:10pm. This was my fastest transaction buying/selling or trading through CL. I'm guessing that 47 mins. total turnaround time isn't going to be the fastest, but it's pretty damn quick...even the seller was surprised, LOL.

Here's what I got...been wanting a pair for a while, but never thought I'd get it anytime soon! The icing on the cake was it being the polished black frame, no preference on the lenses but the vr28's are one of my favorites anyway. Overall condition is a solid 9 out of 10. Stoked!!!!

DSC03782.jpg

DSC03783.jpg

DSC03784.jpg

i have this exact pair. local deal via ebay, and i opted to pick it up. the guy was a cop LOL! i went to a police station and got them the day after i bought them.

i have this exact pair. local deal via ebay, and i opted to pick it up. the guy was a cop LOL! i went to a police station and got them the day after i bought them.

That's the safest deal I ever heard of.

@ Uluahunter,
well done, well done man :wink:

That's the safest deal I ever heard of.

@ Uluahunter,
well done, well done man :wink:

funny thing is, he only gave me an address, didnt say anythign about being a cop. I drove there that day and i took a double take - safe to say i felt pretty uncomfortable walking into the investigation depatment. thought i got stuck in some criminal bust, but then logic kicked in.

My quickest deal was around 2 hours total.The longest deal I had just happened... 1st gen Plasma/Ice Juliets posted around 1 hour from me for 250$, uncle died ( family around ) so it was delayed, went on vacation for 10 days, Father in law died and then forgot about it all together. The guy e-mailed me and said he wants them gone and will take 150$, mint with a vault ( no box ). Then it took me another few days to get out to pick them up. Total time around 4 or 5 weeks. But can't beat 150$ around here. Weird how some stuff sells fast and others sit around.

Mahalo guys! I want to wear them so bad, but I think it's safe to say that just walking around the mall with them would look foolish. I'll have to save it for my next outdoor activity, LOL.

@ tj and Oakster - Those are some pretty damn fast CL pick ups! Congrats!

@ BriP - I remember you mentioning that you had a couple of pairs, one being a polished black. In fact, you and SpliceD were the ones that got me wanting one, LOL! My seller wasn't a cop though...it was a woman who said she used it very sparingly for paddling.

@ davem - Two hours is pretty good, considering all factors involved...first emails and replies, additional info, setting a meeting time and place, drive time and everything else inbetween.

My longest deal was worked on for just over 2 months! It was for a pair of OTT's.

Latest Posts

Back