• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Your Favorite Food?

From all the posts I've made on the "what's on your plate" thread, many should have a pretty good idea of my favorite foods...

I have to say, though, there's just something about raw / undercooked protein. It's just got a certain texture and flavor that's very primal...

My favorite steaks are ribeyes and filet mignons (tenderloin). I like them super-rare - just sear the outside a bit then serve it. Not pink, red. I hate sending back food, but I will send back an overcooked steak.

And sushi / sashimi (technically sushi is the rice) - I'm not a big fan of cooked salmon, but raw salmon is one of my favorites. And hotate - slices of live raw scallop - so good, with a little lemon and soy sauce. And amaebi - a sweet shrimp (over here usually spot prawn) served raw... [drooling sound]...

And you can't forget oysters. I can eat raw oysters all day. I've also enjoyed raw littleneck and cherrystone clams...

I know raw protein isn't everybody's bag and it didn't used to be mine, either. And I have plenty of other favorite foods (it doesn't get less raw than BBQ...) And not all proteins are safe to eat raw. But yeah, it's something special...

I'm a Mainah born and raised on the coast so it goes without saying......fresh off the boat.
image.jpg

I've been craving Ribeye steaks and giant Prawns from my local Black Angus Steak House...but damn it, The prawns were a seasonal/temporary item! They were like baby lobsters....grilled to perfection and dunked in drawn butter. I ate 6 and a big steak a while back, luckily my Harley riding buddy manages the place....he gave me a killer discount!
Tim

Hmm, I like some sushi - abokado maki and inarizushi probably my faves. Decent tempura too.

A spell living in Berlin gave me a taste for Kushiage too - anyone nearby should give Kushinoya on Bleibtreustrasse a try for somewhat different Japanese food.

In America, my favourite restaurant is Sugiyama in NYC, a kaiseki ryori place. So yeah, Japanese is probably the top cuisine for me.

Favourite starter though is mozzarella caprese, and I do enjoy a good pizza. The Parsi curries (dhansak and pathia) are my favourite Indians. I like decent Mexican food too, though that is hard to find in the UK.

Last edited:
favorite candy bar: Kit-Kat
Litos, until you've tried the Japanese kankitsu ogon (citrus golden blend) KitKats, you've not tried KitKats! Alternately sweet (the chocolate) and sour (the cream in the wafers), they are a glorious thing!

Litos, until you've tried the Japanese kankitsu ogon (citrus golden blend) KitKats, you've not tried KitKats! Alternately sweet (the chocolate) and sour (the cream in the wafers), they are a glorious thing!
I had the Chinese one from a lady that I used to work with HAHAHA !!!!

not sure if it's the same....

send me one, mate.....

speaking of candy

i had this cadbury bar given to me from england

it was milk chocolate, honeycomb, pretzel bits and these weired little cola gummy like things it was ammmmmaaaaazzzzzziiiiinnnnngggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back