• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Your Internet Speed?

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
I get 40-something down and 10 up on the wireless. I am subscribed to 50/10 on Comcast. And, I agree with @Dyeraudio. The Comcast Internet is the only thing that works properly. For me, it is either Comcast or that crappy CenturyLink.

@kronin323, I wish some real competition would arrive, but I'd have to move for that.

Nexus 7 on Verizon LTE at home.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412133134987.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1412133134987.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 182
I get 40-something down and 10 up on the wireless. I am subscribed to 50/10 on Comcast. And, I agree with @Dyeraudio. The Comcast Internet is the only thing that works properly. For me, it is either Comcast or that crappy CenturyLink.

@kronin323, I wish some real competition would arrive, but I'd have to move for that.

Well I'm a little screwed - to get them to run google fiber to your neighborhood, you need to have some sort of petition that something like half of the people there would sign up for it. But it's worse than that... They're limiting the service to the city limits, and four years ago we moved to a house just outside the city limits...:eek:

Or at least all that was the info when they announced google fiber was coming to Austin the other year. And I can't see them limiting it to the city limit forever - the richest part of town, Westlake, is within sight of downtown but they're technically not in the city limits; they're their own city surrounded by the city of Austin. The rich people wanted to be able to make their own rules...

On the flip side the google fiber announcement prompted at&t to also offer a gigabit service. Too bad I won't do business with at&t...:mad-35:

No gigabit talk in these parts at all, @kronin323. So if you want speed here, it is Comcast. Centurylink speeds vary by location, and of course, I'm limited to 1.5 Mbps on them. I think they top out at 40, typically in areas that have TV service availability.

I had Comcast 105 Mbps, but that speed is expensive.

No gigabit talk in these parts at all, @kronin323. So if you want speed here, it is Comcast. Centurylink speeds vary by location, and of course, I'm limited to 1.5 Mbps on them. I think they top out at 40, typically in areas that have TV service availability.

I had Comcast 105 Mbps, but that speed is expensive.

Well your Verizon LTE performed much better than my Sprint LTE... :(

Well your Verizon LTE performed much better than my Sprint LTE... :(
Sigh. But you know I can't deal with Sprint just like you can't deal with AT&T. LOL. And this 21 is nothing... I actually pulled over 100 Mbps on a speed test.

I don't know many happy people on Sprint here. They mostly moved over to other providers.

Back