• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is Your Job.........

I work for a defense contractor of the navy. Not sure what more I can say... but it's a bad ass gig.

Where do I send my application? Lol

I worked for a defense contractor in the late 90's back when paperwork was still done with "paper" and one of our yearly "jobs" was to move all the boxes that we were told to move to the basement and it would take place on a Friday and our boss would make sure the basement flooded damaging all the boxes .....
We all knew it wasn't right, but we all were taught to not ask questions and do what we were told....fast forward a few years and everything got transferred to computers and someone raised a stink about all the years of missing receipts and records of flights, records of who was on want job and where they were and all of a sudden my company was 100% dissolved of in a matter of 3 days.

I could have found work with other companies but I was just not happy doing what I was going and never seeing my family, never being in 1 place to long kind of created a sense of feeling useless so I grabbed up a local govt job that kept me at home and I've been there since....I am home everyday but I miss the old crew and would love to get back into it but in a different "area" .....then again, it's a young man's job....not many defense agencies looking for a 50 some year old grunt ....lol

I’m a Entrepreneur by definition. My fiancé and I own a Vapor Store , and are partners in a Custom Knife and Damascus Steel Shop. I’m a small business consultant , a Firearms consultant , and a knife designer. I was a French trained Chef in my late teens to my mid to late twenties.
We just sold our Italian restaurant back in August , so we both work from home , play on Tablerock on our Tritoon , hang out with our 3 kids (22,23,27) , and I dabble if flipping cars , Knives , guns you name it actually.
I’ve worked for 4 High End Custom Firearms manufacturers in the last 15 years , and I’m looking to work at a fifth and hopefully final Shop.
“Never know what’s coming round the corner for ya ...”

I am a knife, gun enthusiasts. ...love custom knives....I am not a huge fan of Damascus but I love the way it looks....I just prefer 1055 carbon knives but Damascus knives have taken on a following that's for sure.

What's your go to gun for etc? I'm a glock 19 fan but it's a little big for edc....

I am a knife, gun enthusiasts. ...love custom knives....I am not a huge fan of Damascus but I love the way it looks....I just prefer 1055 carbon knives but Damascus knives have taken on a following that's for sure.

What's your go to gun for etc? I'm a glock 19 fan but it's a little big for edc....

I gotcha. Yea in this particular Damascus we used 1095 High Carbon and S30V , and a sliver of Nickel. Most Damascus is high Carbon mixed with other carbons or a nickel. Stainless Damascus is the Rare Steel out there. That and the laminated San Mai. Stainless outer layer and Carbon steel core. Weld it , Hammer out , and grind it to reveal killer linear patterns.

I’m a J frame lightweight hammerless , Bodygaurd , or G19 type. I’m comfortable carrying a custom 1911 in .45 and I prefer to.

I’m a Entrepreneur by definition. My fiancé and I own a Vapor Store , and are partners in a Custom Knife and Damascus Steel Shop. I’m a small business consultant , a Firearms consultant , and a knife designer. I was a French trained Chef in my late teens to my mid to late twenties.
We just sold our Italian restaurant back in August , so we both work from home , play on Tablerock on our Tritoon , hang out with our 3 kids (22,23,27) , and I dabble if flipping cars , Knives , guns you name it actually.
I’ve worked for 4 High End Custom Firearms manufacturers in the last 15 years , and I’m looking to work at a fifth and hopefully final Shop.
“Never know what’s coming round the corner for ya ...”

Welcome. I think you'll fit in here...

Latest Posts

Back