• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is your lowest serial Romeo1 Plasma frame?

Just because I saw a few titanium finishes in here :behindsofa:
6277BA4F-1479-4AD7-94A7-F72F71130635.jpeg
F8E91F6C-A7B5-468A-BA5B-36C4C55566A4.jpeg
4EA3A89C-9D3E-4262-AA0B-1E72675BBD2B.jpeg

For Romeos, there are 2 types of titanium finishes, but only 1 plasma finish.

The first gen titanium finish (commonly called the bone finish) have the matte light grey finish. The second gen titanium finish have the shiny look very similar to the plasma finish, but there is a slight difference. The plasma has a slight gold/yellowish shine on the finish compared to the second gen titanium finish which is more silver like. The second gen shiny titanium finished started at around the x60000 serial numbers. Then they switched them to a A serial afterwards. The same thing happened to the plasmas which also got a A serial at the end eventually (though the finishes remained the same for those)

Titanium Gen 1 finish
E2990650-590A-4916-8DCC-EC65870376A0.jpeg

Titanium Gen 2 finish
FF460D35-AB80-4684-A28A-635F8E66B1A3.jpeg

Plasma on top, Titanium Gen 2 on bottom. Notice the slightly yellowish/gold hue on the Plasma vs the more silver hue on the gen 2 titanium.
FEED6322-15E8-4175-8597-99097A0FBC96.jpeg

X-Metal on top. Gen 1 Titanium on bottom.
C59EA36E-2581-449C-BFD7-AC668D1360F0.jpeg

Plasma on top, gen 2 titanium on bottom with some custom cut violet iridium.
26D59223-8234-4092-BC6A-ADEE10F0FBF3.jpeg

Last edited:
For Romeos, there are 2 types of titanium finishes, but only 1 plasma finish.

The first gen titanium finish (commonly called the bone finish) have the matte light grey finish. The second gen titanium finish have the shiny look very similar to the plasma finish, but there is a slight difference. The plasma has a slight gold/yellowish shine on the finish compared to the second gen titanium finish which is more silver like. The second gen shiny titanium finished started at around the x60000 serial numbers. Then they switched them to a A serial afterwards. The same thing happened to the plasmas which also got a A serial at the end eventually (though the finishes remained the same for those)

Titanium Gen 1 finish
View attachment 740432

Titanium Gen 2 finish
View attachment 740431

Plasma on top, Titanium Gen 2 on bottom. Notice the slightly yellowish/gold hue on the Plasma vs the more silver hue on the gen 2 titanium.
View attachment 740434

X-Metal on top. Gen 1 Titanium on bottom.
View attachment 740435

Plasma on top, gen 2 titanium on bottom with some custom cut violet iridium.
View attachment 740436
Sorry, but the tint of the finish is very unreliable when it comes to the plasma R1. Just in your last picture alone the plasma top pair varies from the nose bridge which is closer to a bronze tint then goes lighter towards the orbitals. Of the plasmas I own the exposure to sunlight, et al causes my pairs to range from milky white with almost a powdery finish a shiny, finish and a matte finish with different shades from silver to bronze on the same frame!

I guess when it comes to the plasma r1, the variance in appearance makes it so you cant definitively "it's more gold/yellow therefore it's a plasma." I will apologize now for not breaking out the stored pairs for reference but I am sure I got them posted here somewhere.

edit: found the thread! before my original account got deleted, I posted some pix of a matte finish pair I had and the plasmas look more silver than the TI:

Last edited:
Sorry, but the tint of the finish is very unreliable when it comes to the plasma R1. Just in your last picture alone the plasma top pair varies from the nose bridge which is closer to a bronze tint then goes lighter towards the orbitals. Of the plasmas I own the exposure to sunlight, et al causes my pairs to range from milky white with almost a powdery finish a shiny, finish and a matte finish with different shades from silver to bronze on the same frame!

I guess when it comes to the plasma r1, the variance in appearance makes it so you cant definitively "it's more gold/yellow therefore it's a plasma." I will apologize now for not breaking out the stored pairs for reference but I am sure I got them posted here somewhere.

edit: found the thread! before my original account got deleted, I posted some pix of a matte finish pair I had and the plasmas look more silver than the TI:

I think that’s where the confusion lies. The Plasmas with its shiny finish changes depending on the lighting can look different, but that bronze tint that you mentioned with your Plasma under certain lighting conditions can be found. You won’t find to my knowledge that bronze tint that appears sometimes on the Plasmas with any of the 2 Titanium finishes.

Back