• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is your lowest serial Romeo1 Plasma frame?

For Romeos, there are 2 types of titanium finishes, but only 1 plasma finish.

The first gen titanium finish (commonly called the bone finish) have the matte light grey finish. The second gen titanium finish have the shiny look very similar to the plasma finish, but there is a slight difference. The plasma has a slight gold/yellowish shine on the finish compared to the second gen titanium finish which is more silver like. The second gen shiny titanium finished started at around the x60000 serial numbers. Then they switched them to a A serial afterwards. The same thing happened to the plasmas which also got a A serial at the end eventually (though the finishes remained the same for those)

Titanium Gen 1 finish
View attachment 740432

Titanium Gen 2 finish
View attachment 740431

Plasma on top, Titanium Gen 2 on bottom. Notice the slightly yellowish/gold hue on the Plasma vs the more silver hue on the gen 2 titanium.
View attachment 740434

X-Metal on top. Gen 1 Titanium on bottom.
View attachment 740435

Plasma on top, gen 2 titanium on bottom with some custom cut violet iridium.
View attachment 740436
Great info, exactly what I was looking for. I may have opportunity to buy either .which is more rare? Which one do you like better in person ? 🙏

Great info, exactly what I was looking for. I may have opportunity to buy either .which is more rare? Which one do you like better in person ? 🙏

I have no idea which one is more rare.

I like the first gen ti more, but you need to be careful with the finishes on them as they are prone to blackening. The second gen ti finish does not have that problem.

Nowadays it’s very hard to find untouched pairs of R1 1st gen Ti (bone)

So true. I wish that mine had the matching box, but they were and are still mint Gen1. So I felt really fortunate to be able to grab my pair when I did. It's probably the most beautiful finish of all my XM to just stare at. These are the best pics I can get and they still don't do the Gen1 finish justice to how they look in person.

20200129_173719.jpg
20200129_173557.jpg
20200129_173646.jpg
20200129_173531.jpg

Last edited:
So true. I wish that mine had the matching box, but they were and are still mint Gen1. So I felt really fortunate to be able to grab my pair when I did. It's probably the most beautiful finish of all my XM to just stare at. These are the best pics I can get and they still don't do the Gen1 finish justice to how they look in person.

View attachment 760358View attachment 760359View attachment 760360View attachment 760362
Nice pair, clean and very good condition

Back