• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is your retirement piece?

erap

I should Work at Oakley
Your last piece of xmetal that would end the collection bug?

I cannot realistically ever see getting down to a 'last piece' at this point, not willingly. Theft aside, fire does not destroy most of my pairs... Even if I needed to sell for $ I have a few customs that are not worth much that I would keep just because... So I'll have at least a few for the remainder of the days for which I am a passenger on this ride. The last pair I wear will be the one they bury me with I suppose - Yeah, that's as close as I can get to a 'final' piece.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the sun abruptly stops between now and that unplanned final pair, in which case a world of total darkness will likely require attention to other details. Not to mention there being no need for 'sun'glasses.

Not trying to muck up your thread... I know you were looking for an answer, a single/favorite pair, but that is the point - there is none for me. I have thought about this before and the answer is the same, worst case scenario downsize still leaves 'at least a few'. :)

I don't believe there is a single grail piece or set that would herald my retirement. It would instead be defined by other factors.

All of them. it is a fun ride and I am at the point where I am just waiting for some rare Juliets to hit a decent price-point. which to me for some of them like the polished carbon ichiro would be double MSRP.

My retirement 'piece' is an H&K P7 with hollow points. Ride the Oakley wave until then.

Iam still dreaming that lambo countach or a diablo eversince i was born but tis will do me a semi retirement
Infiniti-Q60-Coupe-concept-108.jpg

Back