• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Kind Of Case Ist This...?

MILE

Oakley Beginner
A local sports goods store had a a clearance sale and I thought I might make a steal on a pair of glasses or something else but of course thy had already moved the "good" inventory…! :-/

So I asked them for a case that I could store my new Pit Bull in and they said they had only one left and they would give it to me for free -- it looked kinda feminine but I took it anyway to maybe give it to my girlfriend…

The thing is, I have never seen this kind of case on any Oakley website, nor in any store to at any vendor, but then again I'm a total newbie so maybe some of you guys know what this is…?! The case is rather large, eggshell colored on the outside and covered with embossed logos and a rather untypical Oakley print on the lower right front, turquoise on the inside and has the same typography on the inside center of the cover:

Oakley_case_1.JPG

Oakley_case_2.JPG

So, what do we have here…? :-o

- MILE

It's a standard women's glasses case come with almost every pair Oakley sells

Really…?! Okay then…
I thought it might have been some kind of limited edition because I searched the Oakley online store as well as Amazon and a few others and only found the one that's both plain white on the outside as well as the inside -- couldn't find one with that color combination of eggshell and turquoise…

Anyway, thanks for the info…! :)

They produce different sizes of those cases. RX:

Is it also common for them to come in different colors though…? As I said, I always only see the plain white one…It's not a big deal though, as a newbie I was just being curious, that's all…! :)

BTW, do you know of any other official Oakley stores in Germany than the one in Berlin…? I was kinda surprised that there isn't one in Munich…

Afaik those are only available as white textured.

Yeah, that's why I was surprised to get one that's eggshell and turquoise -- as you can see in the pics above it doest match any of the cases I've seen so far…!
But I guess it doesn't really matter, it was a nice freebie…

Others, like the Square O Hard Cases, are available in different colors and prints.

Oh, those look nice, I might get one for my Pit Bull:! :)

Your next shop must be factory-pilots.de.
I haven't been there, but I was told they have a wide selection of newer and older Oakley models.

Interesting, looks like some kind of third party outlet store, I'll definitely check it out…!

Your next O-Vault is in Zweibrücken (The Style Outlets).

Thanks again, I just found out that there is one even closer, in Metzingen…! It's still almost 230 km but it might make for a nice road trip some day…

Coincidentally I'll be driving up to Berlin for a few days on Thursday so I'll have a chance to visit the Oakley Store up there…! :)
Unfortunately though, I'm too broke right now to actually buy something this time, but anyway…

Have you been to one of the Oakley Stores in either Berlin or Hamburg yet…?

- MILE

Have you been to one of the Oakley Stores in either Berlin or Hamburg yet…?

No, I haven't been there. We will visit Covent Garden and Gunwharf Quays in the UK around Christmas.
Until then everything else O ralated has to be purchased via the internet or some fellow forum members.

No, I haven't been there. We will visit Covent Garden and Gunwharf Quays in the UK around Christmas.
Until then everything else O ralated has to be purchased via the internet or some fellow forum members.

Oh, sweet…! :)

Although the prices in the UK might be even higher than here in Germany…!? Pretty much everything is way more expensive over there…
But I'm sure you'll have a fun time anyway…! :)

As I said, I will be in Berlin for a few days so I'll definitely check out the official Oakley Store there and maybe even buy something there, if I can -- we'll see…

As for buying glasses online, I still have to compare the various frames (and lenses) and actually try them out in person until I know which ones actually fit me well, so that's not an option for me yet…

Just curious, where in Germany are you located…? Does Bav stand for Bavaria…? So I guess we're neighbors then…!? ;)
(I apologize in advance if that question is too personal, feel free to ignore it)

Oh, and one last thing: I was trying to post in the European Oakley Forum Thread but it says "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." -- what's up with that…? :( Thanks…!

- MILE

Back