• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

what lens for led screen blue light filtering?

Yes. Black Iridium coating does block blue light. Not quite sure what percentage but, my everyday Rx lenses are exactly that. Transitions with a Black Iridium coating and a progressive Rx. Just to warn you though, if you take this route, Oakley can only do Black Iridium coatings on lenses with a base 8 curve. I found that out the hard way. So, you will most likely have to choose a sunglasses frame, as opposed to the Rx frames offered. View attachment 836342
Yeah I think I worded it incorrectly. I am thinking about getting a set of ev zero blades with photochromic lenses and just wanted to know if when they are clear could they be used as a blue blocker lens in front of my computer screen? Thanks for the info!

Yeah I think I worded it incorrectly. I am thinking about getting a set of ev zero blades with photochromic lenses and just wanted to know if when they are clear could they be used as a blue blocker lens in front of my computer screen? Thanks for the info!
I read your comment correctly, I think. I wear my Rx glasses, pictured above, to also block blue light while on my computer, phone, tablet, TV etc... Blue light strains my eyes terribly. Long story on that though.

Back