• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

what lens for led screen blue light filtering?

Excuse me, but instead of buying sunglasses and other dimming lenses........ would't it be easier to dim the brightness/contrast/blue light settings on your TV and get the same results?

Don’t think it works that way, and usually it means a reduction of picture quality
reduction of picture quality... true, but wearing sunglasses while watching TV will in my opinion also reduce picture quality, no matter which lens you are using, unless it's prescription glasses to correct your problems. Experts feel free to correct me on this!

Also, what about getting a monitor that filters blue light..... ASUS make them.

You know what... what about the night light feature right here on Windows 10, doesn't that do the job just as good/bad as any bluelight monitor or sunglass?

I know this post is about LED screens but, I have a Plasma TV in my bedroom. I notice a lot less retina burn with how I have it set up in here. I wish Plasma TV's were still as easy to get these days, for the cost of an LED. Not to mention, gaming is a lot better on a Plasma IMO.

Thank you for testing out the spectrum chart! Def seems to prove that a yellow lens (HI Yellow, yellow) works best. I'm not surprised at all honestly. I'd be more surprised if Ti Clear blocked more. I now am just wondering what happens with P42 and Persimmon. They are darker though, which isn't necessarily a good thing indoor for "most people".
@SecretNinja play nice lol!
Digging this thread back up to ask- what about a photochromic clear-black iridium lens when we are inside and would be (hopefully) clear? Would that block blue light? Thinking of getting a photochromic lens in time and would like to use it multiple ways if possible?

Digging this thread back up to ask- what about a photochromic clear-black iridium lens when we are inside and would be (hopefully) clear? Would that block blue light? Thinking of getting a photochromic lens in time and would like to use it multiple ways if possible?
Transition lenses do block up to 40% of blue light. So that could work. I don't personally like looking through the light gray tint all the time, and it'll always have a little residual tint. But many people love it.

Yes. Black Iridium coating does block blue light. Not quite sure what percentage but, my everyday Rx lenses are exactly that. Transitions with a Black Iridium coating and a progressive Rx. Just to warn you though, if you take this route, Oakley can only do Black Iridium coatings on lenses with a base 8 curve. I found that out the hard way. So, you will most likely have to choose a sunglasses frame, as opposed to the Rx frames offered.
20210211_221207.jpg

Transition lenses do block up to 40% of blue light. So that could work. I don't personally like looking through the light gray tint all the time, and it'll always have a little residual tint. But many people love it.
Thanks- I am contemplating a set of ev zero blades and thought that might be one more use I could get out of them.

Back