• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What lenses are these? - Penny on eBay

BatChao

Oakley Beginner
Hi! I was looking at this Penny being sold on eBay:

eBay link

The seller calls the lenses Premium Red so I assumed they were perhaps Linegear. But in the description, he says they are custom cut, which makes it sound like they are custom cut from OEM lenses. So I asked him about it and he said they were actually positive red cut from a donor lens. The lenses look a bit too red to me to be +red, which I feel have more of that purple look (kinda like prizm road). Wanted to come here and ask what you guys thought of these?

Hi, I am the seller.

I am quite sure I have got these lenses on ebay as custom cut. Some years ago unfortunately: nowadays I have my trusted friends to buy from but not at that time.

Anyhow, I had a wiretap with oem +Red installed and the tone is very similar to this so I was not concerned.
Nevertheless I have to admit that I am not so deeply expert in lenses technology, bases and tones.

The thickness of these lenses complies with Oakley standards if they are not Oakley they could be actually Lingear. You made me think about it and now I am in doubt: I will modify the description.

Just to close: I do not seriously intend to sell that pair :) I said to myself: ok let's take some pictures, let's create a bid with incredibly high price and let's hope no one will click on buy it now option :)
Luckily I am receiving tons of offers from zero feedback guys :) rejected by default

If you need some more information drop me a PM.

Last edited:
Back