• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Lenses To Retain Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

storminok

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone, I recently bought a pair of x metal's and the previous owner was using them as rx glasses. So I need to buy new lenses for them. They are the silver to greyish color.

I am not a real avid Oakley guy however I know the popularity and value of these is pretty high so I went ahead and picked them up. My two questions are; how I figure out which are the original lenses. Also, would their value go up with the original lenses or would they be more valuable with a more popular lens color?

I appreciate any assistance..

welcome to the forum bro! first is what kind of frame are we talking about? I guess plasma juliets? for the lenses there are OEM replacement lenses you could buy. there are some sold at your local O-store or you could get some in Ebay. For the price it really depends on the total condition of the glasses - are the condition of the frames excellent, are the nose bridge tight? how about the rubbers? for the lenses as long as it is OEM then you would be ok....

As for future value, if the frame has a serial # I'd say stick with the og color combination, if its not then pick any color you like but stick with Oakley lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back