• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What M Frame Lens Is This In My Collection?

catbells69

Oakley Beginner
UK
I bought a used M Frame and one of the lenses is as the photo. Is it an old version of the Strike? It looks half way between the current Sweep and current Strike.

120920_172255_zpsf14af32e.jpg

not quite strike unless it's just the angle. Is there a date code lasered above the nose?

not a strike, the vertical sides of the lense dont seem long enough, not a re release razor blade lense either as the top edge has the dip in the centre, is it genuine?

that's why I asked about the date code. Most if not all M Frame lenses I remember had a date just at the top where the nosepiece fits...

No date code or etching, then again, I've other Oakley lenses without dates and G30 Radar Path without etching.

The lens was unclipped out of its frame (M Frame) when I bought it used. It has blue iridium chroma but a grey base lens, ie. old style blue iridium, pre-dating the Ice or VR28 Blue.

How long have you had it?

I do see variation between lenses, but nothing big enough where that would pass for Strike.

The nose cut looks too wide as well.

Here's a current Strike and Hybrid. I've seen pics where the Hybrid looks a lot like the Strike but thinner toward the outside edges.
2012-09-20172730_zps39bff7ca.jpg

No date code or etching, then again, I've other Oakley lenses without dates and G30 Radar Path without etching.

The lens was unclipped out of its frame (M Frame) when I bought it used. It has blue iridium chroma but a grey base lens, ie. old style blue iridium, pre-dating the Ice or VR28 Blue.

I don't believe they do it on Radar lenses...Only the M Frame is what I have seen the etching on in the past. Sometimes in top where the frame will cover it also.

Latest Posts

Back