• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What model is this and is it real or fake?

Is this real?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

theafroman

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, I saw this Oakley on craigslist and i am wondering if it might be some old model. But I would like to know if this is real or fake? Thanks.
00505_fntJ609aEGK_600x450.jpg

Looks like a poor attempt at a fake Juliet to me. What is it being called in the listing?

Edit: I'm far from an expert on Oakley early gen wire frames so if it turns out to be something along those lines I apologize but it just looks cheap and poorly constructed to me.

That is one of the more interesting takes on a fake Juliet I've seen. You can put USA on anything, but it doesn't look like that on a real pair. Definitely not real!

If it was fake, then that would be surprising that it says USA.
00A0A_gZGf3Zu1Ry_600x450.jpg
Now that I see that pic its a fake for sure. That isn't unobtainium and that isn't how Oakley stamps their earsocks.

Taking this a different direction. While the styling is similar to a juliet I didn't see any oakley logo's . And it's different enought it doesn't look like a straight copy. No orbitals, flat ear stems, eye shape is off. Most fakes have all those characteristics, even if they are very poor quality. Are you sure they are selling these as authentic oakleys and didn't just put "oakley" in the text somewhere? I do that a lot on CL. I'll type a bunch of buzz words to attract a wider range of searches.
I don't know if this is fake because I can't see a logo to know if they are truly trying to pass this off as authentic oakley.
That said, this pair didn't come out of an Oakley factory. So it doesn't belong to the real brand.

Back