• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What new type of product should Oakley make?

Jerome

Oakley Enthusiast
The Netherlands
Hello everybody,

We all know that Oakley is making a lot of products already: (sun)glasses, clothing, sports accessories, etcetera.
But what new type of product should Oakley make?

I was thinking about this question the other day and my idea was: over ear headphones that can really be used for sports 🎧
Headphones that somehow really don’t interfere with the temples of (sun)glasses and that you can use for sports without sweating your ears of your head. So basically these headphones should have some sort of ventilation system in them that should really work.

I know that Oakley created the Radar Pace but these are in ear headphones that are connected to a pair of sunglasses. I had the idea of over ear headphones.

I googled “Oakley Headphones” and this “Heatsink” design showed up, but this design is basically a headset for e-sports aka gaming. I guess somebody time traveled to this topic and stole my idea o_O
Oakley Heatsink | Sagar Sahoo
ControllerMockupC.jpg

But what do you think? What new type of product should Oakley make?

Hello everybody,

We all know that Oakley is making a lot of products already: (sun)glasses, clothing, sports accessories, etcetera.
But what new type of product should Oakley make?

I was thinking about this question the other day and my idea was: over ear headphones that can really be used for sports 🎧
Headphones that somehow really don’t interfere with the temples of (sun)glasses and that you can use for sports without sweating your ears of your head. So basically these headphones should have some sort of ventilation system in them that should really work.

I know that Oakley created the Radar Pace but these are in ear headphones that are connected to a pair of sunglasses. I had the idea of over ear headphones.

I googled “Oakley Headphones” and this “Heatsink” design showed up, but this design is basically a headset for e-sports aka gaming. I guess somebody time traveled to this topic and stole my idea o_O
Oakley Heatsink | Sagar Sahoo
ControllerMockupC.jpg

But what do you think? What new type of product should Oakley make?
Nothing. They’ve done a enough crap stuff to last a lifetime

If their support of (tech) products is a clue, I would pass on any of it. HARD PASS.

Luxottica just needs to stick to what works and accessories ain't it.

Especially after how wonderfully successful the radar pace turned out.

Saw one bnib on ebay for $60 the other day.

I'd pay more for a Frog.

The only thing Oakley needs to do is bring back the most iconic Oakleys true to form and not screw it up. I miss seeing the displays of all the Pro M Frames stacked together along with X Metal displays at the corner of the mall kiosks of Sunglass Hut. They’d make a killing if they could emulate that quality and retain the Made in USA marking. I’d buy 5 new pairs the first month for sure.

Back