• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakley frames fit these lenses?

Sugarcoat

Oakley Beginner
Dear all,

This is my first post, so please excuse the idiocy.

I have a Flak from 2012. I believe it's the original Flak. I've included pictures below.

My frame is falling apart after nearly a decade of abuse. I have several pairs of prescription lenses for the frame by Oakley, each costing several hundred dollars.

I'd like to get a new Oakley frame that would be able to fit my Oakley prescription lenses. I am unable to find original Flak frames at legit authorized dealers. Are any of the newer models compatible with my old prescription lenses? I'd hate for them to go to waste as they are in pristine condition and my eye prescription hasn't changed.
IMG_20210809_152345.jpg
IMG_20210809_152500.jpg

Thanks!

Make the requirements for the exchange forum here and I'll guarantee you'll be able to get a legit flak frame here.

Dear all,

This is my first post, so please excuse the idiocy.

I have a Flak from 2012. I believe it's the original Flak. I've included pictures below.

My frame is falling apart after nearly a decade of abuse. I have several pairs of prescription lenses for the frame by Oakley, each costing several hundred dollars.

I'd like to get a new Oakley frame that would be able to fit my Oakley prescription lenses. I am unable to find original Flak frames at legit authorized dealers. Are any of the newer models compatible with my old prescription lenses? I'd hate for them to go to waste as they are in pristine condition and my eye prescription hasn't changed.
View attachment 889589View attachment 889590
Thanks!
The frame is falling apart as in you need new rubber, or as in the hinges broke?

Broken hinges and significant scratch on the front of the frame. Oakley emblems fallen off. I guess nobody knows of any models that use the same lenses.

No. They don't make another frame that would be able to seamlessly use the lenses from your flak. Even if they did fit, the lens placement in the frame would have to be identical so as not to change the focal point of the prescription lenses.

As I stated above. If you post in the exchange forums here im sure you'll find someone will have a bare frame they are willing to get rid of. These were one of the most common sport frames of the last decade by oakley.

Back