• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakley lenses are these? - Identify Lenses Thread

Where did they come from? VR28 won't have Prizm etching as they are not a prizm lens.

My guess would be you got two identical lenses with one on the wrong box. The one with the etching along the top is just ANSI listed for impact resistance.

Woosh you all got in whilst I was replying - thank you all, seems that's that sorted then! :)

I was initially thinking that two of the lenses I received were one the same when looking at them but wasn't sure and I could not twig on to the Prizim v non Prizim link. I done a quick Google myself with what tommcdonna said and it made it pretty obvious so thank you.

I will have to contact the retailer and let them know about the mix up and go from there, which will be interesting, I'm UK based and the retailer is stateside - more in likely I will have to sell locally.

Easy enough to spot the difference between the TR22 and TR45. The TR22 lens came as part of the frames and the lens itself has no markings (No Prizim nor ANSI markings) and is visibly darker.

I had tried to get better photos and update the ones above but it seems it is now unnecessary but I will post them up anyway. Third photo down is the TR22 w/frame and one of the two TR45 lenses :D

Is it worth me trying to source another VR28 lens or is the TR22/45 lenses a good paring to cover most lighting conditions?

zKyWJun.jpg

UKMcGJ1.jpg

vniqj1Q.jpg

s6RnZas.jpg

Last edited:
I think the lens at the top is slighty darker and the one on the right, of the first picture of the pair is the same lens: TR22 the other one being TR45.

I can see why you think that going off the photos, I don't think I got even light across both lenses for the camera when I took them, but in person they both look 100% the same lightish tint.

Took pics for comparison purposes.

It looks like you have two loose TR45 lenses and the M Frame 3.0 with a mounted TR22 lens.

I’m guessing the box for VR28 was mismatched. The barcode has a sharpie mark through it. Where did you purchase these from?

AA9FCA21-F0D4-4B8E-9293-F547E821E7E0.jpeg
F702E7D4-EC08-44CE-986C-EFE0FD48D8C4.jpeg
1BB1948A-27A0-451D-96DD-D9C68EFCDFA7.jpeg

Good photos. Contacted the retailer and explained the situation, I wasn't really expecting anything being across the pond, but it was a simple mix up at the shop and they have sent me the VR28 lens foc. Can't say fairer than that.

I bought the two lenses off Amped Airsoft. I couldn't find a UK retailer selling the TR lenses never mind the VR28 lens - they had both in stock I wanted.

Nice sunny day here for a change and I am getting the first chance testing out the M Frames and the lenses down range so will see how they compare to my old shooting glasses.

I just took delivery of a XX TiO2 with Polarized Lenses. They look like BIP and are Hydrophobic.
OR has not listed any polarized replacement lenses for XX
Are these:
OEM
OEM custom cut
Aftermarket

D5D9D5EE-14EB-4711-BA41-7963E5BCD409.jpeg
8CEA0DD4-8EDB-4269-8745-C521770C5C95.jpeg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back