• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today??

We like carrying stuff. The second amendment plays a part over here.

I just like filling my pockets (I'm not a gun guy at all)

So, people carry them because they CAN and not because there is actually a need for it? Say you’re going to a movie, before you leave the house you think keys,wallet,phone and knife/gun? Not just aimed particularly at you but just responding as you responded to me.

So, people carry them because they CAN and not because there is actually a need for it? Say you’re going to a movie, before you leave the house you think keys,wallet,phone and knife/gun? Not just aimed particularly at you but just responding as you responded to me.
There is a need for it though. People are crazy and you never know when they go off the handle and start shooting or harming people. Citizens are givin the right to protect themselves and guns/knives are the primary weapons that we arm ourselves with to protect ourselves and other innocent victims.

There is a need for it though. People are crazy and you never know when they go off the handle and start shooting or harming people. Citizens are givin the right to protect themselves and guns/knives are the primary weapons that we arm ourselves with to protect ourselves and other innocent victims.

Fair enough. Laws are very different here. Hasn’t been a mass shooting here since I believe 1996/1997

Fair enough. Laws are very different here. Hasn’t been a mass shooting here since I believe 1996/1997

Define mass shooting.

The Darwin Nightclub shooting from 2019 left 4 random people dead.

That's a mass shooting.

And wikipedia has a list of "Australias Massacres".

They take place everywhere. Even in your own country....

And gun laws have not stopped them from happening.

Evil is inevitable.

In some US states(not all), if someone is threatening/attempting to cause serious bodily harm or death of you or someone around you, you have the right to resist them with lethal force.

That means if someone attacks me or my family while we are out barbecuing at the park, i can shoot that person and it's considered self defense.

Its call "Stand Your Ground".

Even if you "could" safely retreat from the threat, you have no obligation to leave a place where you can legally be and resisting the threat with lethal force becomes a legal act.

Define mass shooting.

The Darwin Nightclub shooting from 2019 left 4 random people dead.

That's a mass shooting.

And wikipedia has a list of "Australias Massacres".

They take place everywhere. Even in your own country....

And gun laws have not stopped them from happening.

Evil is inevitable.

In some US states(not all), if someone is threatening/attempting to cause serious bodily harm or death of you or someone around you, you have the right to resist them with lethal force.

That means if someone attacks me or my family while we are out barbecuing at the park, i can shoot that person and it's considered self defense.

Its call "Stand Your Ground".

Even if you "could" safely retreat from the threat, you have no obligation to leave a place where you can legally be and resisting the threat with lethal force becomes a legal act.

By mass shooting I was only referring to a well publicised case from the year I said, I believe more than 10 people were shot. By no means am I saying that crime does not happen in Australia, it definitely does. I was just curious about the whole carrying a gun/knife thing. Like I said laws are very different.

Wasn’t meant as an insult to America or any Americans, but seeing as a lot of you are Americans, I thought I would ask the question as I was curious.

Latest Posts

Back