• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today??

C0DD3324-14F5-448C-955F-3BC5AA03DBC0.jpeg

Sunny morning to work, so first actual use of the 24K Holbrook XL I got yesterday.

It's like a more neutral/subtler version of the Tungsten Polarized, overall reduction with a warm feeling with a medium contrast bump (can see the shadow areas a tiny bit better). You put the Tungsten on and it's noticibly warmer and more contrast, go back to the 24k and feels cool. The 24K doesn't push blues into purple feeling or pop the greens as much as the Tungsten do. Also the 24K polarized lens does not have that sickly green tinge I experienced with Rose Gold polarized.

In the Holbrook XL frame the 24K does have a much stronger back glare if you're in an area of shaded (back reflection is much stronger than on a lens without as much reflection in the front, more so than deep water polarized). So I can see why it would be more popular or pushed to goggles, shields, and wrap around frames.

View attachment 898813
Ever seen 24K in the Kokoro frame? (Oh and got trimmed since this morning)

20210908_140252-01.jpeg

I like the black better, but the 24k suits it!
Same. Thinking the 24K is going to be best in black or the Woodgrain. The Kokoro is itching to have Trail or DWP back in it.

Noticed the 24K lens seems thinner than all my other prizm lenses, they have a little creak mounted in any other frame as if they're not as held in even though they are. But yes definitely thinner by a tiny bit.

By the way, Tungsten Polarized works very very very well in those matte black with gold icon frames.

Latest Posts

Back