• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakleys Do You Wear When?

In my small rotation* (relative to like...this entire forum lol):
  • Jawbone (black frame; red logos+bolts) - Beaters with pos Red and Revant HC3 Elites. Usually the Revants are saved for brighter conditions.
  • Jawbone (matte black frame/silver jaw; chrome logos+bolts) - Business casual/formal stuff. Revant HC3 Elites usually, but sometimes I'll run non-vented BI
  • Radarlock (custom by chop) - main riding pair
  • Radarlock (matte Heather Grey) - I...don't know. I keep intending to get this painted too, but literally something always gets in the way. It's nice as it looks, but generally I like showing out with the more unique pair.
  • M2 (Redline) - pair I use every now and then to mix things up on the bike...only to make me want to use the Radarlock again. Would make it a loaner pair, but if I had to be honest that'd make a horrible impression on people new to Oakley imo.
*I'm guilty of saying "dude I want that pair!" and not actually getting it. Part of it is out of my control, but I know it can sound annoying. Hopefully I haven't said that too much here.

For suits and formal wear, I would think that you would almost have to wear a wire frame of some sort. I guess as long as you don't consider Madman a wire frame, lol. Crosshairs would go nicely with a suit, and you could also look into Inmate. Just my .02.

Anytime wear are my frogs... I'll try and color coordinate
Formal wear I'll break out my A Wires 2.0 dark/BI
Business wear I can do a dark frog or simple wire
Outdoorsy I'll pop in the straight stem radar w/vr28BI
Driving in inclement weather I don my Jawbones g40 transitions
A Vault/Store visit merits my Juliets

In my line of business I am always wearing dress clothes. It ranges from business casual to a formal suit and tie. What Oakleys do you wear in your business casual/formal wear? Thanks in advanced for all the feedback!!

I wear whatever I want with my suits; I often wear my crazy X-Metal combos with my suits and ties- even when interacting with clients and our top executives (and for perspective on what type of clients and execs we're talking about, I work in High Liability and Special Projects for a Fortune 250 company involved in real estate deals such as a certain $1 billion project in Sacramento).

I find you can really get away with A LOT these days- its not like it was even 15 years ago as the Millenials and dotcoms really reinvented what was "appropriate" even in very formal business environments. These days its more about your work than about your look- if you deliver, they don't give a rip what you look like within reason.

Back