• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakleys for a 6yr old?

pamsy

Oakley Beginner
Hi, newbie here! I'm looking to get my girl (she's 6) a pair of Oakleys for cycling, mtb and general use, so with interchangeable lenses. Could anyone help with what the smallest sunglasses are? I was thinking quarter jacket xs or flak xs? Or is there something more appropriate? Will they just fall off her face? Why can I not find the sizes on the Oakley page!? Thanks for any help.

Welcome!
I think Quarter Jacket XS would be the better option, as they are considerably less expensive than Flak XS, and no less stylish :biggrin:

6 year olds can't handle sunglasses

If you buy some for him, find some very inexpensive used glasses, because you'll learn very quickly 6 year olds DGAF about sunglasses like adults do...

within 10 minutes, they'll be off of his face, with fingerprints all over them and probably wedged in between the backseat and door getting all scratched to sheeeet...

but him some gas station glasses and let him wear them for a day - I'm sure you'll rethink your plan lol...

6 year olds can't handle sunglasses

If you buy some for him, find some very inexpensive used glasses, because you'll learn very quickly 6 year olds DGAF about sunglasses like adults do...

within 10 minutes, they'll be off of his face, with fingerprints all over them and probably wedged in between the backseat and door getting all scratched to sheeeet...

but him some gas station glasses and let him wear them for a day - I'm sure you'll rethink your plan lol...
As a father and a grandfather, I endorse this message. 👍

I gave my daughter a pair of plasma juliets with violet LG lenses with 50 t shox. No signs of damage on the frame and 1 light scratch on the lenses after 6 months of light use during weekends at the beach and playgrounds. Fits fairly snug on her face though it does seem to slip a little when she’s upside down on the monkey bars.

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I should just get the fives and by her cheap plastic clear glasses for when she's cycling through the forest. I have no worries about her looking after expensive sunglasses. She understands and looks after everything really well. She'll ask me before she takes them off, then ask me to put them away. Just the way she is! I'll let you know what I get and how they fit.

Back