• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What other brands/designers do you also wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneRonin

Oakley Beginner
Mississauga
I'm sure some of you Oakley nuts are Oakley only, for those of you who have diverse tastes what else do you like?

Personally I have or have had the past brands as well:

Maui Jim (Great)
Serengeti (Another great underrated pair of glasses)
Police
Ray-Ban
Carrera
Gucci
Versace
Ralph L.

I absolutely cannot stand those crappy no name/Wal-Mart ones.

There is already a thread on this, but to answer your question, all i wear for shades is Oakley. I don't really see the difference between the brands you mentioned and WalMart shades, besides pricepoint. I dont find something that works best, for the same price, then continue to use something else.

There is already a thread on this, but to answer your question, all i wear for shades is Oakley. I don't really see the difference between the brands you mentioned and WalMart shades, besides pricepoint. I dont find something that works best, for the same price, then continue to use something else.

lol, Oakley isn't the end all, be all you know. The difference between those brands and wal-mart ones are quality and STYLE. Yea, style which a lot of people seem to lack. Oakley dominates my collection but then there's nothing that can match that vintage 70's race look than a few of my Carrera's. Mau Jim has super light rimless glasses which Oakley doesn't seem to do and they offer great clarity. Ray-Bans have the classic Aviator and Clubmaster, you can't call yourself a sunglasses aficionado without at least appreciating those iconinc designs.

Serengeti is one of the last few manufacturers that still makes glass lenses which as far as clarity and scratch resistance goes is far superior to anything on the market, they're frames and lenses last a lifetime if cared for and are still made in house something which not even Oakley can claim now.Serengeti is owned by Bushnell so you know you're getting legit optics from a company that is tried and tested.

So yea...expand your horizons my friend. Many people would say the same thing about Oakley, there's no difference between the real ones and the $10 chepos

I dont find something that works best, for the same price, then continue to use something else.

Again I just have to laugh at you...such closed minded thinking. Its like saying yea, I like my Ford GT so I have no aspirations or desire to drive/own a Lambo, Ferrari, R8, McLaren etc...

You must be boring as hell and only have a hobby or two.

Last edited:
lol, Oakley isn't the end all, be all you know. The difference between those brands and wal-mart ones are quality and STYLE. Yea, style which a lot of people seem to lack. Oakley dominates my collection but then there's nothing that can match that vintage 70's race look than a few of my Carrera's. Mau Jim has super light rimless glasses which Oakley doesn't seem to do and they offer great clarity. Ray-Bans have the classic Aviator and Clubmaster, you can't call yourself a sunglasses aficionado without at least appreciating those iconinc designs.

Serengeti is one of the last few manufacturers that still makes glass lenses which as far as clarity and scratch resistance goes is far superior to anything on the market, they're frames and lenses last a lifetime if cared for and are still made in house something which not even Oakley can claim now.Serengeti is owned by Bushnell so you know you're getting legit optics from a company that is tried and tested.

So yea...expand your horizons my friend. Many people would say the same thing about Oakley, there's no difference between the real ones and the $10 chepos

Again I just have to laugh at you...such closed minded thinking. Its like saying yea, I like my Ford GT so I have no aspirations or desire to drive/own a Lambo, Ferrari, R8, McLaren etc...

You must be boring as hell and only have a hobby or two.
I dunno why people try and troll single Brand dedicated forums with potential inflammatory threads/topics...

It's like goings to see ISIS and asking them if they've heard of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ...

Chances are you'll get laughed (killed) out of the Middle East ...

I don't see how this trolling and nor did I have any intentions of it being so. I can't I believe how fanboyish you guys are being. I'm on many single brand forums Kawasaki, Ducati, Tag Heuer, Acura to name a few, never are people so defensive and against or at least not appreciative of cool stuff from competitors. Its all the same industry and a little competition is good you know, that's what makes people push the limits and come up with new stuff. Some days I'm literally dressed head to toe in Oakley and people would think I work for the company and even then I don't act like you guys do.

Comparing sunglasses to ISIS...hahaha. What I am supposed to do other than laugh a you now??

I dont wear anything other than Oakley.

I have enough Oakley footwear to last me more than 2 lifetimes....enough clothing to last me more than 3....and eyewear?.....fughetaboutit!

:rofl:

Will I wear anything else? NO.
Can I appreciate other products? Sure but they aren't for me....they don't take care of me the way Oakley takes care of me.

Cars..... Have I driven Lambos and other exotics? Yes....Will I buy them? No.....but I appreciate their beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back