• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Other Frames Fit?

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Now i know how different faces can be but does anyone have input on what other in production frames would be worth trying or in the same general size shape? to give you an idea of what fits....he Fuel Cell is a good if slightly tall fit, Crankcase is a tad small but
still close to ideal, Juliet fits very well though lower coverage could be better, Batwolf fits but i dont like the shield. looking for maybe something in the Wire line or Lifestyle line that might work

I have been eyeing the Deviation for a while now wondering about that; I like the new MotoGP Jade but that lens isn't dark enough for me so the Ruby variant is definitely a possibility. I'll swing by the O Store on the way home and see if I can't find a pair to try on.

Have you tried the Oilrig? The listed frames are all of similar size so I guess the Big Tacos are bit too big. For something from the Wire range you dont get as much coverage but try the Crosshair 2.0

I know you are looking for lifestyle/wires, but I like to wear a pair of half jacket 2.0s from time to time just for casual wear, and those do the trick very well for me. You might also give a pair of straight jackets a try. Just some pairs you may not have thought of right off the bat.

Oil Rig is too big as is the Big Taco...which is ugly as **** to top it off (and I don't like shield frames, tried them multiple times and I can't stick with them over time). I didn't include some I've tried but are not trying to put back in the rotation which include: Split Jackets (good fit/look), Straight Jackets (good fit/look-considering adding a pair back in), the Half Wire 2.0 XL I've been considering adding because the fit is very good.

The Crosshair 2.0 is an interesting one because I actually like the way they look on me but damn they are WIDE. Maybe that's the way they are supossed to fit???

I dont find them wide. But I got a big head haha. I like the way they fit me, one of my favourites!

i stand corrected on the Crosshair 2.0; i tried on a fresh pair at the store and the fit and look on me is outstanding. price is still an.issue as im not paying that kind of retail but new or mint pairs are popping up on ebay for $135 to $150 for BIP so ill have to hunt until i find one.Deviation is a big but suitable fit however the Plantiff Squared is even better but once i got the Crosshairs adjusted that was the clear choicea

Back