• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Paint??

yeah, sorry, nothing personal meant! it was just a general comment on how we could maybe improve the website layout to make it friendlier to navigate around! maybe we should suggest the search box to be larger? or on the sidebar?

Nah BriP, I don't think hg is going to take your comment personally. hg's probably soaking up all the information in that thread right now anyway, lol. That is a good suggestion though...I think it may work better in the path line/bar also.

yeah, pretty much what's been said lol...

here's the deal. I use religiously the following products: House Of Kolors base, pearls, kandies, and fx paints, DuPont clear coats, Bulldog adhesion promoter, Iwata Airbrushes, Alsa paints (super expensive sh!t) which so far has been the biggest pain in my a$$ to date, and a few other things.

Best tip I can offer anyone getting into it or trying, don't waste your money with sub-par equipment! Iwata airbrushes hands down have been the BEST investment I have made. I have tried Badger Anthem 155 series and Paasche VL also. While they are good tools, they arent great. I spent more toying with those and being frustrated and found the cost difference to be minimal in the end. You can save your money on a compressor and buy a mid sized campbell hausfield at wally world or a harbor freight one really since they don't see the kind of use a full spray setup would require. Also check Sears returns at physical stores you can score smoking deals on compressors that way too. If you can't run a tank compressor due to size and sound (they arent quiet but dont run non stop either) then get a good Iwata airbrush compressor on ebay. New prices are absurd and I honestly didn't like mine when I tried it. Tanks are better by far.

Next thing I can advise anyone, take time to learn the products. It isn't easy or everyone would do it lol. It's not rocket science, but todays paints are sensitive to temps, humidity, and overall environment, so play with some stuff before you waste a $100 frame lol. No, I won't tell anyone my tricks, just like I won't give away the lenses I use for chops...That's like asking the chef at your favorite restaurant the recipe for your favorite meal...That would eliminate the need for him/her...Youtube is great for tutorials, ebay is best for used gear but buyer beware...Many sellers will be selling jacked up used Iwata airbrushes and the parts are sometimes the cost difference of what you would pay for a new one given the cost of a used one plus parts. Hope that gives you a base to go with...Enjoy

I just woke up to a wealth of knowledge! Lol.. Cheers people and in all honesty I never even thought of using the search bar..just got the idea n posted a new thread straight away. I will remember in future though (hopefully) lol...thanks again

Now go get um hg!!! Hopefully I can persuade my wife to buy me an airbrush set similar to the doc's recommendations for my birthday. Either that or I need to restrain myself from buying glasses for awhile....NAAAAAHHH! LOL

Latest Posts

Back