• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

****ty driver etiquette reallllly grinds my gears

1. People who insist on using their horn in a traffic jam. Oh I'm sorry, didn't realize that half-foot of space will get you to your destination faster

2. When people idle their cars in a space in a full parking lot. God turn off your engine or just leave, don't sit there making people think you're about to leave when you're playing fcking Angry Birds on your phone or something. Go sit somewhere else

3. People who come to the store and try to lecture you about how to sell your product, or handle their glasses. Or complain about the price of Oakleys

4. People who wear parts of military uniform out in public. Either wear it in the full and proud, or don't wear it if you're not supposed to! Don't know about other places, but there's this weird trend here where people just buy old uniform parts and wear them

I need to vent. You may too.

My current frustrations:

1. eBay sellers with 'Buy it Now, or Best Offer' auctions who auto-decline your offer. Asking price is $85, I offer $65, auto decline, I up to to $70, auto decline. Ok, so what's the offer button for?

I've had $75 offers on $150 items be accepted in the past, and I've had lowballs haggled to a fair price, but it just grinds my gears when they auto decline like that!

2. *******s at work. We have a tool who honestly is going to be fired soon, just looking for an excuse. Well he thought it would be funny to chuck my M Frames across the shop today because I took them off for a moment and set them down to wipe my face. They're no worse for wear since someone caught them, but OOOOOOOH BOY was he about to get a tongue lashing before someone quickly took him away from me. He hasn't been with the company very long, so he doesn't know, unlike everyone else, how I am with my glasses. Which is beside the point.

I'm told he said something like "what, they're just safety glasses". Have fun in the unemployment line, you little ****.

He's so lucky you didn't only give him a tongue lashing but and ass whooping. That is just wrong though. You do not mess with other people's property ever

ok heres mine....

1. when i go to oculis (a local sunnies store run by arabs) to check some oakleys, one of the arab guys would come to me and say "what youre wearing are fake (wearing my mars that time and holbrooks at one point)"... just want to smack this face into the display cabinets

2. when arab patients would come to me in triage and shout " i should be seen first by the doctor" when they only have colds....

3. when one of my staff would call me at midnight just to tell me that they would like to change schedule the following day...

4. when the doctors would call me at midnight just to tell me that they need some extra batteries for his diagnostic set in his clinic....

5. when my administrator would complain why the parking lot/landing zone is dirty when he just saw the chopper leaving the premises after a medical airlift.....

6. when some of my friends would take out some pair of glasses out of my display, try them on and put them back and then you see some marks or stains on the lenses....

well i think thats about it!

ok heres mine....

1. when i go to oculis (a local sunnies store run by arabs) to check some oakleys, one of the arab guys would come to me and say "what youre wearing are fake (wearing my mars that time and holbrooks at one point)"... just want to smack this face into the display cabinets

2. when arab patients would come to me in triage and shout " i should be seen first by the doctor" when they only have colds....

3. when one of my staff would call me at midnight just to tell me that they would like to change schedule the following day...

4. when the doctors would call me at midnight just to tell me that they need some extra batteries for his diagnostic set in his clinic....

5. when my administrator would complain why the parking lot/landing zone is dirty when he just saw the chopper leaving the premises after a medical airlift.....

6. when some of my friends would take out some pair of glasses out of my display, try them on and put them back and then you see some marks or stains on the lenses....

UGGGGH yeah I have had people ask if my Oakleys are fake...........I usually let out the f word and say F no, all real since 1995(when I got my first pair)

just want to smack this face into the display cabinets (this made me laugh out loud)

One thing that annoys me a bit.

I drive up this 2 lane state highway all the time. Left lane is empty in front of me. Be cruising along faster than everyone. Some car in the right lane is happy right behind the person in front of them. As I just about reach that car they suddenly wanna move to the left lane to pass the person in front of them. Ugh

Since this is in the Oakley general discussion, I'll stick to Oakley. :wink:

But I hate it when I see people using their shirts to clean their lenses. Drives me nuts!

Since this is in the Oakley general discussion, I'll stick to Oakley. :wink:

But I hate it when I see people using their shirts to clean their lenses. Drives me nuts!

I got a friend that I got into Oakley and he now owns 4 pairs but he still does that and tries to do that when he looks at my newest pairs. I keep telling him to use the bag!!!!!

ok heres mine....

Are you in the military bro?

Back