• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Where? Which marketplaces? I'm not seeing this on my end, or scheduling it, so I'm trying to figure out where the problem is coming from. Thanks
on eBay most people will just search 'oakley' and see what treasures appear in the results..

if you list results by 'newly listed' all your new listings appear one after the other - i was exaggerating when i said gazillions but it is usually approx 100 which takes some scrolling through....

to overcome this, i simply add -seek after oakley to exclude all results with the word 'seek' in them.

i have just done a search for 'oakley seek' and it returns over 16,000 results - probably not all yours but you can see how this clogs up the listings....

please see this as constructive criticism as not really an issue with me as i can easily overcome this....

Thanks. We appreciate the input. We use a syndication inventory software that should take care of this. I can see that a huge number of listings were relisted today probably due to a syndication issue with ebay. We are looking into this right now. As far as the quantity of listings please consider this, we make over 300 models in both polarized and non-polarized in +10 colors , plus rubber kits, plus bundles and combo packages and all this results is a lot of listings. Honestly, it can be a pain in the butt keeping track of all possible options and combinations. We try our best but sometimes mistakes can be made. We accept and appreciate all criticism. Your messages really helped us understand the problem. It's just a shame if some consider us to be a shady company because of some errors or computer glitches. We are sorry if we messed up your ebay searches. It was definitely not intentional! It really make no sense pushing thousands of product listings all at once; strategically they should be scheduled so that a listing comes out hourly all day long. Especially, not the day after cyber monday! This error would have been better last friday! :) Again, sorry for any inconvenience

Got a real bad feeling about those dudes...

They probably came here all amped up looking to cash in on some junk lenses, then realized what it takes to make great quality lenses...
That's too bad. Normally I don't do this but the love that we put into our business compels me to respond to this harsh comment.

Just to be clear, we were invited to sponsor back in July, and we accepted the opportunity to financially sponsor this forum. Just because we are new to the forum doesn't mean we are new to the industry. We are the 3rd generation in the optical industry and we know a thing or two about lenses. We came here to connect with people who love Oakley and to try and understand what you all are looking for in this industry.

As for the harsh judgement that you are giving to our products and business, did you have a bad experience with some of our lenses? If we can offer assistance in someway we will be happy to do that

That's too bad. Normally I don't do this but the love that we put into our business compels me to respond to this harsh comment.

Just to be clear, we were invited to sponsor back in July, and we accepted the opportunity to financially sponsor this forum. Just because we are new to the forum doesn't mean we are new to the industry. We are the 3rd generation in the optical industry and we know a thing or two about lenses. We came here to connect with people who love Oakley and to try and understand what you all are looking for in this industry.

As for the harsh judgement that you are giving to our products and business, did you have a bad experience with some of our lenses? If we can offer assistance in someway we will be happy to do that

What you're failing to understand is that for most of us the whole reason we wear Oakleys is because of the lenses. I know you’re helping keep old frames alive but really it’s gonna be an uphill battle around here. The majority of us would rather custom cut oakley lenses than use aftermarket. There are some knuckleheads that like those silly matte lenses but that’s just because of the gimmick. I mean hell my daughters first glasses she could wear were those little baby frames and I took the lenses out and cut oakley lenses for it.

I’ve never personally used seek lenses but I buy Oakleys every day and sometimes they come with aftermarket lenses and I can tell you all of those have been thin pieces of ****. Even if they’re brand new I toss em in the trash.

Some folks here may say “Come up with a data sheet on your lenses.” But then you get people like me that have been wearing oakley lenses for over 25 years, it doesn’t matter what a data sheet says, my eyes are used to oakley lenses and they don’t WANT to change. This is me but I know I’m not alone.

As for being invited to be a forum sponsor, I have no doubt. This isn’t a dig at you but when it comes to that subject it’s all about the $$$ here.

Last edited:
@Seek Optics let me also say this, you busted up in here and started spamming a bunch of old ass threads peddling your wares and didn’t even bother to tell us who you are. Usually people do an intro thread to introduce themselves, not always but damn if you’re gonna hustle that hard we’d like to know who you are. I know personally I saw you in several threads right from jump talking about seek lenses and was like “oh here we go, another one for the ignore list” but I didn’t. I’m trying to help. Just a thought. I’d hate to see someone spend what I’m sure is a lot of money on a forum sponsorship hoping to boost sales only to find a lot of people already put off.

Last edited:
What your failing to understand is that for most of us the whole reason we wear Oakleys is because of the lenses. I know you’re helping keep old frames alive but really it’s gonna be an uphill battle around here. The majority of us would rather custom cut oakley lenses than use aftermarket. There are some knuckleheads that like those silly matte lenses but that’s just because of the gimmick. I mean hell my daughters first glasses she could wear were those little baby frames and I took the lenses out and cut oakley lenses for it.

I’ve never personally used seek lenses but I buy Oakleys every day and sometimes they come with aftermarket lenses and I can tell you all of those have been thin pieces of ****. Even if they’re brand new I toss em in the trash.

Some folks here may say “Come up with a data sheet on your lenses.” But then you get people like me that have been wearing oakley lenses for over 25 years, it doesn’t matter what a data sheet says, my eyes are used to oakley lenses and they don’t WANT to change. This is me but I know I’m not alone.

As for being invited to be a forum sponsor, I have no doubt. This isn’t a dig at you but when it comes to that subject it’s all about the $$$ here.

*you're 😂😂

Back