• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Yeah, and if she meets someone with similar debt and wants to start a life together, how do you make a relationship work, starting off $250K in the HOLE ???

It’s absurd man !!!

It's simple, you don't. The unfortunate reality is that there are very few men that will want to marry someone who's in so much debt. Immediately, that debt will become theirs as well.

Education system needs fixing. My solution is to give majority scholarships and funding to STEM and Business/Finance degrees. Liberal Art degrees should receive grants in lesser quantity. The reason is simple. They aren't as marketable or will make as much money. So, if you wish to pursue it the barrier of entry should be higher.

Additionally, each degree should have a range of salary attached next to it as a footnote when applying. This way, students make educated decisions.

It's simple, you don't. The unfortunate reality is that there are very few men that will want to marry someone who's in so much debt. Immediately, that debt will become theirs as well.

Education system needs fixing. My solution is to give majority scholarships and funding to STEM and Business/Finance degrees. Liberal Art degrees should receive grants in lesser quantity. The reason is simple. They aren't as marketable or will make as much money. So, if you wish to pursue it the barrier of entry should be higher.

Additionally, each degree should have a range of salary attached next to it as a footnote when applying. This way, students make educated decisions.

This is EXACTLY why our son chose Business School, so he understands the system.

Are these statement representative of your true personal beliefs?

Or are these more let’s troll the internet?

Those professions make up a very small percentage of people who go through colleges and universities...and those serious professions require lengthy internships after and during the education process(and those few professions arent what I'm talking about)....

But even they dont need to be INSTITUTIONALIZED to learn. Doctors shouldnt be subject the the Lefts Agenda just to learn that the hip bone is connected leg bone.

All that background noise they create isnt necessary.
Folks with no skill set of anything rely on college to make a living...

Don't need no damn college...

Are these statement representative of your true personal beliefs?

Or are these more let’s troll the internet?

You asked two contradicting questions simultaneously.

What answer do you expect?
Something complex?

A simple yes or no would be confusing.

It's a wonderful example of education being faux intellectual property.

Folks with no skill set of anything rely on college to make a living...

Don't need no damn college...
I have a “blue collar skill set” (mostly likely harder than you boys have ever worked) and have 3 degrees. Ya all don’t know sh*t until you tread in both.
Talk to me when you can add!😂😂😂😂😂

Might be worth a re-fresh on how higher learning institutions are the forefront of technologies and research.

And I prefer a Dr. with legit knowledge, skill, & *education* vs “Gus” when I need surgery, or have cancer.
Sure Gus has a van with no windows and a scalpel.

What have you got against Gus ?

He offers surgery to those not aware they need it & for a small fee he’ll also find your dog that wasn’t lost.

“Don't need no damn college...“

Some do some don’t but those that do need to quit whinging about how much it costs, you choose college you choose to stay there for X number of years and you choose to put yourself in debt in the believe that you’ll make more money than those that didn’t go to college.

First job at 13 doing 3hrs a morning before school at 15 i was using a fake Id to work in a slaughterhouse loading sides of beef into trailers doing roughly 50-60 hrs a week
Now almost 47 with 3 kids ages ranging from 7-10 and with very little spare cash to play with i do have some regrets but all those years of working has given me 3.5 properties 2 of which i own debt free the 3rd will be paid for in less than 5yrs.

And no i won’t be paying for my kids to go to college i will help a little but i ain’t paying for it all , I will have bought & paid for their houses i think that’ll be enough.

I understand both sides of this argument. Sadly though, in 21st century America, a college education isn't as prestigious as it was once considered.

If you go to college with the intent to follow through to graduate school, school of ______, then you're 100% on the right track and will very likely be successful in life. If you go to college for 'general studies' or one of these other asinine fields of study for a mere two or four years then you're fooling yourself and you're setting yourself up for failure. That's been proven in the last 20 years, at least.

A general college education just isn't worth what it used to be worth.

I understand both sides of this argument. Sadly though, in 21st century America, a college education isn't as prestigious as it was once considered.

If you go to college with the intent to follow through to graduate school, school of ______, then you're 100% on the right track and will very likely be successful in life. If you go to college for 'general studies' or one of these other asinine fields of study for a mere two or four years then you're fooling yourself and you're setting yourself up for failure. That's been proven in the last 20 years, at least.

A general college education just isn't worth what it used to be worth.

The funny thing is that the first colleges only had general studies, IIRC...

Back