• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

You don't believe Rant Threads help because you and your people keep deleting them...

Listen, @OakleyBoss you only have about 30 REALLY ACTIVE MEMBERS on this forum, and each of those members swim in the Classified Section every 30-40 minutes looking for deals...

IF a garbage, unmonitored member tries to ruin (scam) people on this forum via the Classifieds, the ACTIVE members would be all over it...IF there is an existing Rant Thread where that person is identified as being a gross seller, the active members will do the job you're supposed to be doing by protecting members...

We can link the Rant Thread in a For Sale Thread of a person that WE KNOW is trash - we can also save both older and newer members from getting wrecked...

We know this place better than you or anyone else - let the most important and most active members help you turn this garbage forum around...

30 minus two that argue a lot, it was one then he got a twin :lol:

You don't believe Rant Threads help because you and your people keep deleting them...

Listen, @OakleyBoss you only have about 30 REALLY ACTIVE MEMBERS on this forum, and each of those members swim in the Classified Section every 30-40 minutes looking for deals...

IF a garbage, unmonitored member tries to ruin (scam) people on this forum via the Classifieds, the ACTIVE members would be all over it...IF there is an existing Rant Thread where that person is identified as being a gross seller, the active members will do the job you're supposed to be doing by protecting members...

We can link the Rant Thread in a For Sale Thread of a person that WE KNOW is trash - we can also save both older and newer members from getting wrecked...

We know this place better than you or anyone else - let the most important and most active members help you turn this garbage forum around...

Why not link the Feedback that states the facts in your example? The rant threads just become witch hunts and more than half end up asking to be deleted or whatever because actually nothing was wrong. Have seen this story 100x over where everyone grabs their pitchforks accuses a member of scamming, only to find out that the guy was on vacation or away from his computer for a day, and the buyer who paid F&F (against the rules), started worrying because they expected an answer in an hour.

Also it averages about 600 various members who log in any given day, I think there may be 30 loud members who are very active and absolutely value their opinions along with every members, but letting them control what happens, or start witch hunts for whomever they deem "trash" is exactly the problems we have today.

I do agree some changes are needed and are in the works already! Have definitely heard what everyones been saying over the past few months.

Why not link the Feedback that states the facts in your example?
Why post a link to the feedback system that YOU ALREADY KNOW NEEDS FIXING ??

letting them control what happens, or start witch hunts for whomever they deem "trash" is exactly the problems we have today.
no it's not - those 30 members know more about this forum and other members than you and 98% of your entire "moderator crew"...

How many ways can you say you don't care who and how people get scammed on your forum ??

no it's not - those 30 members know more about this forum and other members than you and 98% of your entire "moderator crew"...

How many ways can you say you don't care who and how people get scammed on your forum ??

I can tell you thats the exact opposite of what I'm saying here, and the purpose of the feedback system on someone's profile vs. threads that fade or rely on someone needing to post it in a thread but I hear you and there's always improvements to be made.

I can tell you thats the exact opposite of what I'm saying here, and the purpose of the feedback system on someone's profile vs. threads that fade or rely on someone needing to post it in a thread but I hear you and there's always improvements to be made.
People don't post negative feedback from what I've seen. Maybe your new system will help with that, but I would be surprised...just eliminate feedback altogether and make a sub-forum dedicated to threads on feedback. The Watch U Seek forum does it this way and it took me awhile to see the value in this...when someone has something negative to say, there is a back and forth and people searching for the username/seller can then decide on their own.

Maybe you should actually become a contributing member of the forum before demanding things be catered to you!!

Why is it that the loudest whiniest members are basically the free loaders???

Back