• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I need to vent. You may too.

My current frustrations:

1. eBay sellers with 'Buy it Now, or Best Offer' auctions who auto-decline your offer. Asking price is $85, I offer $65, auto decline, I up to to $70, auto decline. Ok, so what's the offer button for?

I've had $75 offers on $150 items be accepted in the past, and I've had lowballs haggled to a fair price, but it just grinds my gears when they auto decline like that!

2. *******s at work. We have a tool who honestly is going to be fired soon, just looking for an excuse. Well he thought it would be funny to chuck my M Frames across the shop today because I took them off for a moment and set them down to wipe my face. They're no worse for wear since someone caught them, but OOOOOOOH BOY was he about to get a tongue lashing before someone quickly took him away from me. He hasn't been with the company very long, so he doesn't know, unlike everyone else, how I am with my glasses. Which is beside the point.

I'm told he said something like "what, they're just safety glasses". Have fun in the unemployment line, you little ****.

1. When people wipe the inside of their (oakley) googles, after they crashed. Yes, there's snow and you can't see anything. But jeez, don't flippin' wipe the inside with your glove or anything for that matter.. You won't be able to see anything at all at any time if you do.....

2. When people who borrow my Oakley sunnies or goggles, don't take care of them.. Either by doing the above, or cleaning them with a papertowel or with their shirt.

3. When people flick my goggle lenses.. Really. You think that's funny? How funny is it if I drop kick you in the face afterwards.. Get your lousy hands of my goggles.

4. (relates to 2): When people who borrow my sunnies don't put them in the bag that I so kindly provided, when they don't use them.. It's, honestly, not that hard nor time consuming.

As in regards to this gentleman at your shop Rustpot, I think you should confront him and tell him what's up (in regards to the sunglass situation). Maybe let him know, that if he ever as much as tries to touch your glasses, something-something will go down..

Why did he throw them? What really grinds my gears is people that dont know how to drive or drive 10 miles under the speed limit. Or people that go slow on the left lane.........Its for passing!!!!

Haha - if you go slow in the left lane in Denmark and you're holding everybody else up, you'll get fined.. But I'm with you on that.. Or even the middle lane.. If the far right-hand lane is empty there's no reason, what so ever, for not using it.. It doesn't matter what time of day it is, where you're driving, who you're driving with.. Stay in the right-hand lane until you have to move over to pass.. *sigh*

1. When people wipe the inside of their (oakley) googles, after they crashed. Yes, there's snow and you can't see anything. But jeez, don't flippin' wipe the inside with your glove or anything for that matter.. You won't be able to see anything at all at any time if you do.....

2. When people who borrow my Oakley sunnies or goggles, don't take care of them.. Either by doing the above, or cleaning them with a papertowel or with their shirt.

3. When people flick my goggle lenses.. Really. You think that's funny? How funny is it if I drop kick you in the face afterwards.. Get your lousy hands of my goggles.

4. (relates to 2): When people who borrow my sunnies don't put them in the bag that I so kindly provided, when they don't use them.. It's, honestly, not that hard nor time consuming.

As in regards to this gentleman at your shop Rustpot, I think you should confront him and tell him what's up (in regards to the sunglass situation). Maybe let him know, that if he ever as much as tries to touch your glasses, something-something will go down..

First of all why do you lend your oaks out lol. I dont!!

Back