• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What screams "Oakley" for you?

I think of the originals, like Frog skin, blades, m-frame. The 80s and my childhood, I guess that's one of the reasons why I collect them the nostalgia.

For me Oakley was a set of emerald straight jackets a guy in middleschool was wearing. I just thought those were freaking cool shades, then the Spy Kids 3D movie came out and one of the characters wore an OTT with red lenses. My 13 year old self was like "holy cow! Those things look incredible"... Fast forward a few months and I was wearing a Plate 24k.
In other words, Oakley is a sweet pair of shades that look out of this world

Last edited:
There have been a lot of threads lately about what your favorite Oakley's are, or what pair you wear best. Just wondering when you hear "Oakley", what immediately comes to mind? I'm not talking the most innovative, or most expensive, just what frame pops in your head.
For example, I grew up in the 80's and 90's. In 7th grade I was first introduced to the company Oakley by the Original Eye Jacket. Whenever anyone used the term Oakley, the Eye Jacket was all I knew about. In fact it wasn't until a couple years later when I saw some A-wires and then XX Twenty's that I realized Oakley made more than just Eye Jackets. So for me, Oakley brings forth images of the Eye Jacket, specifically a "Texas Tea" colorway with gold iridium, the pair I saved all my allowence and mowing money for that summer, and my first step into this wonderful addiction. I'm not saying that Eye Jackets are my favorite or even look the best on me. I have a love affair with metals and elites, but the Eye Jacket will always hold a special place for me as my quintessential Oakley.
What frame does it for you?
Blades and 1st Generation M Frames

Latest Posts

Back