• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What the heck happened?

Hdhuntr01

Oakley Beginner
I went to put on my Oakley Radar sunglasses and the lens is all messed up. Looks like a film on the inside of the lens started to crinkle up and peel off. Is this common with these lenses? What has caused this? It appears the lens is ruined. They were in the car on the sun visor and nothing got on the lens. I can just assume that it happened possibly due to heat.
Oakley%20Lens_zps1hsnlbml.jpg

I went to put on my Oakley Radar sunglasses and the lens is all messed up. Looks like a film on the inside of the lens started to crinkle up and peel off. Is this common with these lenses? What has caused this? It appears the lens is ruined. They were in the car on the sun visor and nothing got on the lens. I can just assume that it happened possibly due to heat.
Oakley%20Lens_zps1hsnlbml.jpg
Welcome to the forum

Try a search on the keyword "delamination" or some form of that word. There's A BUNCH of threads on it

I have these for several years. I do think Oakley should warranty against this and now I think I will have to try a different brand. The replacement lenses cost too much to have something like this happen and not be covered by a warranty.

I have these for several years. I do think Oakley should warranty against this and now I think I will have to try a different brand. The replacement lenses cost too much to have something like this happen and not be covered by a warranty.
good luck with that.... do you know any sunglass maker that puts a lifetime warranty on a pair?

I think you're well outside of the intended period of use. If you had a receipt and were inside the typical warranty period (I think it is 1 year now) they would handle it no issues. But in your situation it's not going to happen.

As @OakleyFrankFMJ mentioned this issue has been discussed here tons of times. Many factors can cause it. As far as high cost of lenses that is why we shop on sale during F&F or during the recent 40%off promo.

I hear ya Brah!

I left this in this beauty outside for less than an hour and It was COMPLETELY ruined...

So unfair!

I went back to the retailer and they said it was MY fault and they didn't warranty their product because they sell on they 'grey market' ...

Spent good money on that too ...

*sigh*

Always sticking it to the little guys!

IMG_5569.JPG

@OakleyFrankFMJ can you help?

I hear ya Brah!

I left this in this beauty outside for less than an hour and It was COMPLETELY ruined...

So unfair!

I went back to the retailer and they said it was MY fault and they didn't warranty their product because they sell on they 'grey market' ...

Spent good money on that too ...

*sigh*

Always sticking it to the little guys!

View attachment 352090

@OakleyFrankFMJ can you help?
I can help you....but you're not gonna like it. :spiteful:

Back