• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What to ask when purchasing a pair of x metals (juliets).

Monster6

Oakley Beginner
Canada
I'm interested in purchasing a pair of juliet's. I'm sure somewhere here someone could link me to a thread on what to look for and what to ask so I can make a informed decision and buy a pair of useful glasses. I have found what to look for for fakes, sort of, but also I hear of loose orbitals and bridges, so I would like to know what to ask and look for. TIA

Condition is key and completeness ie does it have a box etc. Read up on xmetals in the xmetal discussion forum. Main one to look out for is the Nose bridge being loose because a retune will cost you a bit then lense and rubbers condition all those are replaceable but will add extra cost if they need replacing. There is a wealth of knowledge within the discussions on this forum it's worth going through some old threads and reading up

Really though it's a loaded question far to wide and subjective an issue to answer concisely in a few simple sentences. Do your research

-Nose bridge condition (loose or tight)
-Condition of the rubbers/lenses, finish of the frame
-are the lenses and rubbers OEM
-is the frame straight, does it sit flat or is one side higher than the other
-are any of the screws stripped
-does it come with the box,coin,bag
- and the most important question of them all!!!!!!! Is it free?

Thanks, as stated I need to do research which I dis not do before buying my half x and finding out the hi ge ca break and make them useless. I am just trying not to get burt again

Thanks, as stated I need to do research which I dis not do before buying my half x and finding out the hi ge ca break and make them useless. I am just trying not to get burt again
I had my half x hinge break on me too that is actually what bought me to this forum in the first place. I now have a fixed half x and quite a few more oakleys than i had before lol

Latest Posts

Back