• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What To Do, What To Do. Opinions Please!

hereispunishment

I should Work at Oakley
Big ol Texas
Ok so today I bought a pair of polished J's with Polarized fire lenses off a guy on craigslist for a GREAT price ($125). Now I cant stand Hammer stems but I love the polished look. Should I frankenstien these bad boys with the earstems of one of my other plasma framed juliets? Let me know. Thanks guys.

That is a great buy! I like the polished with hammerstems. You're lucky to have found a pair that cheap. I would keep them original.

IMO the finishes of plasma and polished are very noticeably different so the glasses would look off. Why don't you like the hammer stems? The hammer steams look identical to the straight stems from the side. The benefit of the hammer stems is that they give you more space (=comfort) in the temple area.

I have more of a narrow face so the hammers bulge out to where it's looks funny... but I'm kinda warming up to them though.
IMO the finishes of plasma and polished are very noticeably different so the glasses would look off. Why don't you like the hammer stems? The hammer steams look identical to the straight stems from the side. The benefit of the hammer stems is that they give you more space (=comfort) in the temple area.

Try some Size 25 temple shocks for the hammer stems. I agree with you that the hammers look odd but I believe the general consensus is that the hammer stems are popular for their comfort rather than their look. I'm not sure how tight the nose bridge is on your polished vs your other juliets but when the nose bridge is really tight (hard to put on the glasses) the hammer stem comfort is noticeable.

Latest Posts

Back