• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What TV Shows Do You Watch?

i read that moonshiners is fake (as most reality tv now adays) that old guy died back in like 09'. They said all that "moonshine" they make is just water and that they basically just rearrange all the scenes or whatever... i watched 2 episodes and i just couldnt bare keep watching it.

The "old guy" commited suicide after he was busted for making moonshine. He did it a few days prior to starting his federal prison term. If you have researched and have a simple understanding of law vs filming and acts committed/acts previously committed you can understand how they could "get away" with the show and not go to prison for it. Whether this show is actually 100% fake or 100%, I'd assume it's portions of each like any reality show these days. Now how far in either direction that leans, Im not sure, nor do I care a whole lot. I watched the show and I liked it.

The "old guy" commited suicide after he was busted for making moonshine. He did it a few days prior to starting his federal prison term. If you have researched and have a simple understanding of law vs filming and acts committed/acts previously committed you can understand how they could "get away" with the show and not go to prison for it. Whether this show is actually 100% fake or 100%, I'd assume it's portions of each like any reality show these days. Now how far in either direction that leans, Im not sure, nor do I care a whole lot. I watched the show and I liked it.

what i meant to say was that it is fake in the sense that all the "moonshine" you see in the show being made is fake. How can he be the chief of the fire department and still be doing that. Im sure this happened for real, theyre just acting it out by making fake moonshine so they do not get in trouble. I believe i read on the discovery channel that they couldnt be allowed to film anything if theyre making actual moonshine. I think i read the article straight from discovery but im not 100 per cent sure. if i find it again ill post a link so you read some more if youre interested

Just because he's chief of the (volunteer) fire department doesn't mean he wouldn't make moonshine, albeit kind of ignorant. That's like saying a chief of police wouldn't drink and drive. People do dumber **** than that everyday. lol. They said on the show itself they couldn't film the entire process to make moonshine for legality reasons. Again, that's back to the whole law vs filming thing and the massive amount of grey area the law leaves open. Otherwise, why wouldn't people on shows like Intervention be arrested for smoking rock on camera?

I spend far more time listening to music and honestly don't watch a lot of TV (clearly, look at what Im watching, hahahaha). Just figured I'd reply to this thread, I didn't mean to spark a debate.

Just because he's chief of the (volunteer) fire department doesn't mean he wouldn't make moonshine, albeit kind of ignorant. That's like saying a chief of police wouldn't drink and drive. People do dumber **** than that everyday. lol. They said on the show itself they couldn't film the entire process to make moonshine for legality reasons. Again, that's back to the whole law vs filming thing and the massive amount of grey area the law leaves open. Otherwise, why wouldn't people on shows like Intervention be arrested for smoking rock on camera?

I spend far more time listening to music and honestly don't watch a lot of TV (clearly, look at what Im watching, hahahaha). Just figured I'd reply to this thread, I didn't mean to spark a debate.

haha, is all good! no hard feelings man. lets leave it at what it is

No love for The Wire from anyone yet? Great, great, show.

Currently Airing Shows I watch

Breaking Bad
Tosh.0
South Park (Still great after all these years, the recent Season Premiere was fantastic)
The Simpsons
Always Sunny
The League
EastBound & Down

Past Shows that I watched (and enjoyed)

Sopranos
The Wire
Lost
Friday Night Lights
Nip/Tuck

Back