• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What was I thinking. When I first started collecting.

Well, a lot of familiar stories going on here. As a few have stated, I was also a late starter and just missed the glory days of the X-Metals. These for me were zenith of the Oakley range. 3 years of catching up have seen the acquisition of 24 X-Metals, 4 Pit-Boss II (too late for PB1, and not paying stupid money for them now), a few Half Flak Jackets and a few others. Also a big hole in the finances :lol:. I am trying to slow down for the moment!

Still, I now have a nice collection of Oakley's finest X-Metal art which I can admire and wear!

Not sure where Oakley is going as I don't rate much of what is on offer these days. That will not detract from their former glories. Just call me an Oakley retro :lolsign:

You guys are scaring me, maybe I shouldn't have joined as I'm already feeling itch :). I was around for them, but missed the glory days of the X-Metals. I couldn't justify the cost compared to the other Oakley's I p picked up (If I only knew then). I remember drooling over them a lot though.

You guys are scaring me, maybe I shouldn't have joined as I'm already feeling itch :). I was around for them, but missed the glory days of the X-Metals. I couldn't justify the cost compared to the other Oakley's I p picked up (If I only knew then). I remember drooling over them a lot though.
You're in trouble then. Everyone here will only encourage you to sell everything you have or whore yourself out to get whatever oakleys you can. Well maybe not whatever oakleys you can buy the GOOD stuff. None of that new crap coming out now.

You're in trouble then. Everyone here will only encourage you to sell everything you have or whore yourself out to get whatever oakleys you can. Well maybe not whatever oakleys you can buy the GOOD stuff. None of that new crap coming out now.
I haven't been able to get a look at new releases; so far sounds like nobody is impressed. It's great all you oakley peeps are attached to the quality pieces produced in the USofA but give me a clue...are any new sunnies lookin good??

Came here too look for parts for my old x-metals. Ended up with lots of new lenses for the Juliets (thanks to @Chris A Hardaway ) a stash of extra Split Jackets and a heap of lenses for both mine and my daughters Radars thanks to @OakleyTrader15.

Not too impressed with any of the new stuff (Prizm lenses are great though) so I've been hoarding a few lenses and parts for my favorite older pairs.

Quite a few nice people here as well ;)

Came here too look for parts for my old x-metals. Ended up with lots of new lenses for the Juliets (thanks to @Chris A Hardaway ) a stash of extra Split Jackets and a heap of lenses for both mine and my daughters Radars thanks to @OakleyTrader15.

Not too impressed with any of the new stuff (Prizm lenses are great though) so I've been hoarding a few lenses and parts for my favorite older pairs.

Quite a few nice people here as well ;)
I agree prizm deep water is sweet! The other prizms are nice too.

I haven't been able to get a look at new releases; so far sounds like nobody is impressed. It's great all you oakley peeps are attached to the quality pieces produced in the USofA but give me a clue...are any new sunnies lookin good??

You like what you like. Personally, I'm not overly picky about the origins of the my sunnies. Maybe a generational thing. It's just the older stuff looks better than some of the present day designs. As for me, I like some of the Chinese items. I look good in the stuff that I have.

Not keen on the new releases this quarter. Just ugly and/or unimaginative.

No need to give you clues, there is plenty of disdain to go around. Go and see for yourself, develop your own opinions.

Sent from Q's Note5

Back