• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What was your first pair of Oakley's?

How did you break the Badman? I just avoided doing it to mine but they are a bit too delicate for my liking to be fair. It's what put me off something like the C-Six Aluminium to be honest. I just don't see them lasting the long haul.
They are jealous bit#hes. I didn't wear them for about a year after I got my Juliets. Within an hour of putting them on the hinge broke and the arm fell off. As much as I like them it isn't worth fixing them. The finish is flaking off. The lenses are in great shape though.

Ugh - disappointing. I had the same thing with the finish on my Plasma and ended up polishing them to chrome. It looks a lot better but the aluminium ended up pitted under the finish and there is only so much material to take off before they are no longer worth anything to anyone.

Put them up for spares and repairs maybe? Sure enough plenty of broken ones out there that 2 bad 'uns could get another set together.

And there is only so long I can hold off on your username - Yes, Cuban Bee - I love that movie man!

In the early 2000’s I wanted a JULIET but when I step into the shop I realized it was too expensive for me. I purchased a WIRETAP.

Some years later I thought to have lost them. So I checked on eBay and I discovered a world. I started looking for my JULIET and I never stopped to look for x-metal but only for cheap purchase. Differently it is too easy :)

Some months later I found my WIRETAP somewhere, which is still in my collection and is like new...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

My first pair was a set of Crystal Gray Razor Blades that I bought in the early 90s with my paper route money. I had them a few years and then gave them to my mother when I bought a pair of sub zeros, (which I still have). My mom said she threw the Blades out after they fell apart.

First pair was a Juliet plasma ice polarized. Still have the frame and box not the ice lenses. Had been wearing Bolle metals that were really similar to the Julie's but the lens coating would rub off if you sneezed on them. Saw the Julie's in the duty free shop on the ship on our honeymoon (2003) and.my wife convinced me to buy them and thus began 2 love affairs (my amazing wife and Oakleys)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Straight Jackets. Looking for a pair to protect my eyes at work. Got them decided to cut my weeds. Dinged it the same day I received them. Ordered a new one the same day. Treat them like babies now. Found this site a few years ago. Lurked a bit, my wife been buying me a pair a year for my birthday or Christmas. Just bought three more. Want more, some the same style but different colors. She has a yarn addiction (cost just as much as Oakleys), so she doesn't say anything but roll her eyes, lol. All she said was no displays but I think I can talk her into it.

First pair:Monster Dog/Black Amber
(Misplaced during a discussion in a bar in Queens)
3 weeks later
Second Pair:Monster Dog/Black Amber
(Lost whilst puking in the Hudson)

Third Pair:Monster Dog/Black Iridium

Latest Posts

Back