• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair Of X-Metals? Still Have Them?!? LETS SEE!

My first pair was a Juliet titanium with Gold iridium, I purchased them in 99 with prescription from a eyeglass store while I was stationed in Virginia. I wore them until 2010 when the nose bridge finally gave out. I sent them to another glass place to get them fixed, which they sent them to oakley to get fixed! Oakley sent back a plasma warranty frame with the original prescription lenses. It's awesome that oakley didn't charge me for frames that are 12 years old! The lances still have the rx scribed in the bottom of the left lense from oakley. I still wear them every chance I get!

The one that started it all. after watching the 1st x-men movie more than a decade ago.. still with me to this day. just replaced the rubber gaskets recently.

5229493326_5efa9a849d_o.jpg

Last edited:
X metal bi Juliet with a j serial if memory serves me correct. Bought them on eBay and longed for a plasma so I snatched one lnib a week later. Sold the x metal frames to dyer and kept my plasma ice polar. The xmxx is my go to metal along with the xs but I rock ol Julie pretty often.

Well this is my first pair I bought them new in '99 I think, Juliet X-Metal w/ruby serial # X001708, I had the box up until the last time I moved :(
Just had them signed by the man him self at the RED event.
IMG_0214_zps6b344445.jpg
IMG_0215_zpsfcf1afb8.jpg
IMG_0216_zpsbecf5e51.jpg
IMG_0217_zps39df856a.jpg
IMG_0218_zps3d388720.jpg

Well this is my first pair I bought them new in '99 I think, Juliet X-Metal w/ruby serial # X001708, I had the box up until the last time I moved :(
Just had them signed by the man him self at the RED event.
IMG_0214_zps6b344445.jpg
IMG_0215_zpsfcf1afb8.jpg
IMG_0216_zpsbecf5e51.jpg
IMG_0217_zps39df856a.jpg
IMG_0218_zps3d388720.jpg
Those are sick!!! I have pair of R2's that are signed also... but it was by the concrete floor at six flags after getting hit with a wave of water. I hope they will be worth something someday!

My first pair were polished Penny's I bought back in 2002. These are technically my second pair because my first were stolen. But I liked them so much I went out a few days later and bought the same pair again. I still wear them to this day.
5u2utesu.jpg

Back