• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair Of X-Metals? Still Have Them?!? LETS SEE!

Plasma/ice Juliets, 4th gen, as recently as 2013. Still got them, still wear them. I'd thought about buying Juliets since 1999, it somehow took 14 years to get round to it. I figure I've made up for the delay in the last couple of years ;)

First pair in 2000 after seeing MI:2. Bought the X-Metal/Black Iridium Juliets b/c the guy at Sunglass Hut was a lying piece of $#IT and told me they were Juliets in the movie, and I didn't know any better at the time. Found out later they didn't even have access to Romeos. Eventually, bought a pair of X-Metal/Black Iridium Romeos, but they were stolen by the d-bag UPS delivery guy, and UPS refused to reimburse me bc he scanned them delivered, and then jacked them bc no one was home... ugh!

Anyway, still have my Juliets, but want to add Romeos to my collection. Unfortunately, doubt I'd get to wear and enjoy them considering how valuable ie expensive they've become.

First pair was plasma / ice polar Juliets and no, losing them is what brought me here. Still have my 2nd pair which I got shortly after my 1st (though now with different lenses), x-metal Juliet, as well as every pair I've acquired since then...

I bought these from a friend who was a manager of a bike shop, who had bought it quite literally off the head of the Oakley rep. I wore them regularly for about a year until I learned how rare they were. They are in my display now and are still in perfect shape.

CRW_6480.jpg

xmetal_serial-full.jpg

Latest Posts

Back