• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

The first pair I bought was in the late 90's, a pair of Texas Tea New Frogskins I bought whilst on holiday in Greece. I then bought a pair of E-Wires after that. I don't know why I did because I hate wire frames, but they were all the rage then and I wanted to look cool for the ladies. That failed so I went off Oakleys for a while.

I only got back in to Oakley, and specifically Frogskins, recently when the STPLs came out which was what, late 2010? And since then it's been Frogskins all the way.

well when I was younger my mother had a pair of silver frame and green lensed oakleys, sort of like the old straight jacket. And that is where I found out about oakley. Then I remember seeing the white gascans at the pool one day and my mind was set, that was all I talked about until my birthday that year and then my parents decided they wanted to shut me up and i got to walk into the sunglass hut and picked out a pair of black on black gascans, they are about 5 years old now and i still wear them when im working outside or int he garage, since they are pretty beat now. But man I felt like the cats meow walking into that store, paying cash and walking out with that bag with an oakley box inside.

It seems like every time i get a new pair i have been interested in them for months prior, just until I cant stand thinking about them and say screw it already and spend the money!

In high school in the 90s, my first pair was a carbon fiber print M Frame with Black Iridium Sweep for cycling. Girls called them my "face shields", so I got a pair of A Wire Thick Brushed/Black Iridium for casual wear. Then I got a pair of bright red Pro M Frames and Black/Black Topcoats. There was a bike shop that sponsored my team and gave us cost + 10% on Oakleys, so that helped a lot. All of those got lost or broken in college and I went a few years with NO shades! :sad:

What started my Oakley collection was in 2002 when, on a jog through my parent's neighborhood at midnight on a Saturday night, I saw a torpedo case in the middle of the road. Inside was a mint pair of Grey/Ice Polarized Half Jackets. I went home and did an internet search on the latest Oakley models and saw many that I wanted. It went from there, and now I have about a hundred pairs.

Whoever you are, Mr. Can't Find His Half Jackets Because He Dropped Them Out of His Car, I salute you. :laugh:

My old man had several pair of the M frames and I wanted to be cool like dad, so I saved and saved and got myself a pair of Frogskins smoke clear with red iridium lens as a matter of fact just uncovered them after a 15 year storage stent at the parents attic now I'm at 7 pair and the wife says I have a problem

My first pair was a Midnight/24k Eye Jacket 2.0. I got them about a decade ago. After that I was hooked. They're still kickin around, but unfortunately (as far as I know), my brothers x-girlfriend was in my room looking through my stuff when I wasn't home and decided to leave my 2.0's lens down. I picked up my sunglasses, put them on and noticed my vision in one eye was very blurry, took them off again and noticed a huge area that was scratched. I was pretty pissed off, but couldn't really do anything about it so I just gave them to my brother.....I kinda regret it though.

i worked in a bike shop and the other guys all rode road bikes and had eyeshades, i got a pair and thought they were the shiz. never looked back, now i have about 30 pairs and seen to pickup some here and there along the way...

First pair were Polarized Batwolf Matte black, simple yet got me hooked on the oakley bug. Now i got about almost all the Gascan, with the exception of 4 pairs. I liked my batwolf, but soon discovered gascan fit me better. Plus all the guys i hanged out with at work were xmil, so i always enjoyed them.

Started with a Fives Squared and thought it was the perfect size. Lost them at the beach a few weeks later, that was 3 years ago.

Now that I'm into Oakley I think they're too small. Funny how that works.

Back