• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would one expect to pay for those early Gen 1 M frames?

Soulfulfrog

みんなに優しく
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Georgetown, ON.
Hi guys. I have a vast knowledge of frogskins and a ton of o matter stuff as well as metals. However I'm at a loss for knowledge on m frames. Especially the earlier ones. Splatters and what not. There is a really decent lookin spatter fade one on the bay being sold by bandit here. Anyway. I what I wanna know is what should I expect to pay for those early splatters. Oreview is down at the moment so I can't see anything there right now.. any help would be appreciated.

Truthfully I’d say 350 range or less for splatters in good condition, meaning no frame cracks, paint chips , and a decent lens (color and condition)

Brand new I’ve seen go higher but not by much. They’re honestly just good for display since they crack so easily from wear

I appreciate that my friend. I love the look of them.. so would you say its probably a waste of money at 300ish for a frame that is slightly cracked? My real question is. If I wear them will I ruin them? And or is there even a point in hunting a decent one down If they're just gonna break from use..

i recently bought a splatter on ebay for 100. lens is nice but frame is cracked.

220078D2-488F-4F36-8B21-006E8D37DBC9.png

they are super brittle. i wear just about everything i own but i wouldn’t wear them even if they weren’t cracked. also replacing the lens is a sure fire way to crack the frame.

Truthfully I’d say 350 range or less for splatters in good condition, meaning no frame cracks, paint chips , and a decent lens (color and condition)

Brand new I’ve seen go higher but not by much. They’re honestly just good for display since they crack so easily from wear
they are super brittle. i wear just about everything i own but i wouldn’t wear them even if they weren’t cracked. also replacing the lens is a sure fire way to crack the frame.

Well you both answered my real question then. There's no point in getting one. I really appreciate guys thank u..

I wouldn’t say that. They are brittle, but are def wearable. You just have to baby them. I have a smaller face then all you dudes, that may be why LOL

I have 5 splatter mumbos, and so far they are still clean 🙏

I honestly think it also depends on how they’ve been treated for 30 years. New , worn. lots of sun , exposed to winter ,etc. Just saying.