• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would u keep and sell??

Me personally, i would keep an XX, and sell the rest. considering these frames will outlive us all, you can use $$ now and 20 years from now, you and your kid can enjoy rebuilding the collection together. kids change everything for the better. you can bank on that more than an x metal stash. thats probably just me, though. lol. or Noahs Ark it with the best two of each frame.

Juliet Copper, Xmetal, Plasma
XX Xmetal and 24K

Of course that's my choice from "your" collection......if you had to ask me from mine I would go with 2-3 Juliet/XX's and 3-4 O-matter frames. Just going over it in my head I'm starting to get a headache.

Making a decision on someone else's collection is easy, on your own would be much more difficult. As time goes on pair I don't wear I usually find a new home for anyway.

would love to get my hands on some of those frames man! Unreal collection!

2 Ma$$holes in the same thread :eek: now all we need is @Codechimp08 to have a hat-trick.

Yeah it’s been a bit of a nightmare trying to pick from my own collection :headbang:
If it's any consolation, I tried this exercise with my collection and it took quite a while. Initially I got down to 10 from a starting point of.....

7 wearable Xmetal frames & 3 project frames
and lets say about 25 O matter frames and 1 wire frame (7-8 of the O matter are slated for "projects")

I ended up with:

Xmetal: 1 XX (xmetal) 2 Julies (plasma/custom)
Omatter: 2 Fives (Olive 3.0 & Gray Smoke 4+1) 1 Black Flak Jacket

What did I give up:
Xmetal - XX Plasma/Plasma & Carbon Juliet/3 project frames
Omatter - Fast Jacket / 3-4 Flak Jacket/ 3-4 Half Jacket / 1 Half Jacket 2.0 / Fives Family 1x 1.0, 2x 3.0, 1x 4.0, 6x 4+1 / Custom Racing Jacket + and maybe another frame of Flak/Half/Five I'm forgetting
Wire - Whisker

From my humble experience of collecting and trading for over a decade I would keep at least:
- juliet Tio2
- juliet titanium 1gen
- R1 plasma frame

The Tio2 and the Titanium from my point of view are difficult to replace and thus should have the most value increase - also they are good trade options in the future.
The R1 plasma is allways worth keeping and a hunt for a OEM cut lenses could even increase the value - sometimes even OEM R1 fire lenses are for sale here.

Possible keepers, meaning only selling for the value you want on them (no OBO, ONO), are:
- juliet copper
- xx24k 1gen
- R1 boxed
- inmate

Copper finished Juliets, 24ks, boxed R1s (xmetal finish) are not very uncomon and once you feel like getting any of those just keep an eye on the forum and opportunties will show up. I have to admit that depending on the value you need to liquidate, the boxed R1 could be kept as well.
As other stated before: inmates went up in value so one could spectulate they will increase further - though I think they will not increase much further (I could be wrong though).

The remaining pieces of your list are replacebale from my point of view.

Possibly keep the x-man finished juliet for wearing as the collectors tend to value 100% OEM stuff and if that is your style, wearing would be the best option from my point of view.

Sell first what you like the least, i.e. you don't wear it, gives you the less joy having it on display.
Sell them one by one, eventually you'll have the extension paid off, and your daughter may not need as many diapers as you thought.
You'll be in a good spot, and maybe end up keeping more than 6 pairs...