• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Would You Change About These?

looks too much like a valve gasket lol I don't know if it's the tit on the end sticking out or the flatness....and rounded edges would be great as well.

To be completely honest, i don't think offering colors will help. And i think jk-27 hit the nail on the head: they're not Oakley. And yes you can make the argument about the stands, but he wasn't trying to market them as "Oakley". These keychains on the other hand...

And to me, they look like handcuffs when on a keychain.

If you really want them to sell, i think you'll have to make them look like "Genuine Oakley Replicas". Wasn't there another member on here selling stuff that he custom cut? His stuff looks authentic.

Sorry if i'm coming off rude, but i'd like to think i'm offering constructive criticism.

I'm not going to rip off Oakley. I didnt and still don't want to copy it exactly. I just thought they would be a cool alternative.

As far as the edges, they aren't sharp in any way and don't cut or scratch anything anymore than a normal keyring would.

When I was designing it, I originally had no tab, people wanted me to put a tab on, they said it looked great. Now everyone hates it :facepalm:

What evs. If no one buys any ill just hand them out/give them away. Gotta spend money to make money and live and learn.

Also the o just isn't right, the inside cutout is to big, makes the proportions not correct. Like if you didn't know, you wouldn't think it was a Oakley icon, get the logo spot on and remove the tab.

EdsJunk said:
Also the o just isn't right, the inside cutout is to big, makes the proportions not correct. Like if you didn't know, you wouldn't think it was a Oakley icon, get the logo spot on and remove the tab.

I don't want it spot on. The logo is trademarked and I prefer to respect that. I could have gotten it perfect if I wanted. I don't care to copy seeing as that's illegal. If I was making it for myself, I wouldn't mind. I see the things you make and while they are cool, I think it would be wrong of you to sell them.

I think that I'll just stick to stands lol

Back