• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would YOU do, if you suddenly needed "real" glasses? :-)

So you got a huge collection of Oakley's,.. but then you found out you need prescription glasses!
(Something that can happen to many people, sooner or later)

Would you sell your collection? hold on to it? would you start to collect Oakley sunglasses with Rx, in the models that are available, or would you get Lasik eye surgery so you could continue to wear your current sunglasses?
Having Lasik done is really worth it based on my own personal experience. However, you also have an option to wear contacts if you are not ready to give Lasik a shot because like what @Tom. said there are certain risks to it. Either way you choose you can still enjoy wearing your Non-Rx X metal collection. Just remember that having Lasik done will not guarantee you to have a lasting clear vision because we tend to age you know and our eyes too. 😅 My vision is really really (yep repeated 2x) worsts that I have to wear Rx glasses when I was 10 y/o and that is nothing compare to my very minor correction today, 8 years post Lasik. Looking back, I’m still glad to have Lasik done. I don’t know if you like vintage Rx frames but I do. As a matter of fact, I am waiting to get my Wiretap Rx frame from @flyer to reach @Chris A Hardaway to get it fitted with Rx Lens. I can’t wait to rock this frame again! These guys are great to deal with and will absolutely do business again. I don’t really need to wear an Rx glasses as my correction like what I said is very minor but I like the idea of wearing Wiretap frame again because its nostalgic! 🤣

Having Lasik done is really worth it based on my own personal experience. However, you also have an option to wear contacts if you are not ready to give Lasik a shot because like what @Tom. said there are certain risks to it. Either way you choose you can still enjoy wearing your Non-Rx X metal collection. Just remember that having Lasik done will not guarantee you to have a lasting clear vision because we tend to age you know and our eyes too. 😅 My vision is really really (yep repeated 2x) worsts that I have to wear Rx glasses when I was 10 y/o and that is nothing compare to my very minor correction today, 8 years post Lasik. Looking back, I’m still glad to have Lasik done. I don’t know if you like vintage Rx frames but I do. As a matter of fact, I am waiting to get my Wiretap Rx frame from @flyer to reach @Chris A Hardaway to get it fitted with Rx Lens. I can’t wait to rock this frame again! These guys are great to deal with and will absolutely do business again. I don’t really need to wear an Rx glasses as my correction like what I said is very minor but I like the idea of wearing Wiretap frame again because its nostalgic! 🤣
Just remember that having Lasik done will not guarantee you to have a lasting clear vision because we tend to age you know and our eyes too.

exactly what i was thinking, and you cant have Lasik done more than once right?

i mean, the laser cuts, and you cant really go back to the starting point? what done is done

Just remember that having Lasik done will not guarantee you to have a lasting clear vision because we tend to age you know and our eyes too.

exactly what i was thinking, and you cant have Lasik done more than once right?

i mean, the laser cuts, and you cant really go back to the starting point? what done is done
From what I know it can be done twice (redone for the second time) and yes, it’s irreversible. Irreversible in terms of having a clear vision though and dry eyes for months! Not everybody can have Lasik done, there are screening tests that needs to be completed prior getting it done. A friend of mine didn’t passed a screening test so he had to wear glasses and contacts up to now.

Promised yesterday to post a pic of the 24k XX with prescription lenses from @Chris A Hardaway . Top one is with prescription lenses and bottom is without. Virtually identical. The prescription lenses are thicker but has a groove cut around it so fits in frame perfectly. No vision distortion and crystal clear throughout lens. If you want some prescription lenses, HIGHLY recommend @Chris A Hardaway !!

24k.jpg

Latest Posts

Back