• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would YOU do, if you suddenly needed "real" glasses? :-)

You stated a hypothetical question of what people would do, I listed what I would do in each instance including one of the worse case-but-potentially-correctable. You're getting your panties in a twist over nothing.
This will be great...........

so where do you feel that happened, because i questioned a post of yours?

Btw, do you know member @robertwills

I kind of have this problem but my eyesight ain't as bad as others, so I use my prescription glasses mostly for night driving and other activities and still use my sunglasses regularly, but when that day comes that my sight is really really bad gonna do contacts.

DSC_0804[1]2.jpg

So you got a huge collection of Oakley's,.. but then you found out you need prescription glasses!
(Something that can happen to many people, sooner or later)

Would you sell your collection? hold on to it? would you start to collect Oakley sunglasses with Rx, in the models that are available, or would you get Lasik eye surgery so you could continue to wear your current sunglasses?
Lasik or contacts.

Contacts or Lasik.

I like my big shields too much and I don't have the energy or money to deal with cuts. I don't know much about RX frames or lenses. Only thing I'd remotely consider in this realm is a Holbrook.

So you got a huge collection of Oakley's,.. but then you found out you need prescription glasses!
(Something that can happen to many people, sooner or later)

Would you sell your collection? hold on to it? would you start to collect Oakley sunglasses with Rx, in the models that are available, or would you get Lasik eye surgery so you could continue to wear your current sunglasses?
You can use 30 day contact lenses that you can sleep in and only need to remove once a month. But only some people can tolerate them due to dry eyes. Some brands can even roughly correct astigmatism.

Lasik is usually successful. Usually. There are rare irreversible complications, and it's not so good if you have super bad vision.

Latest Posts

Back