• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would you do Please Vote

Waht should I do?

• Give full refund

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know you already made up your mind on how you're gonna handle this, but I would look at:

- Was the shipment insured for the actual value, either from you to the middle man or the middle man to the buyer?
- If not, was that by the buyer's request?

Because if it was insured, he could always file a claim. And if it wasn't insured due to his decision, then the risk / liability lies with him.

Only if you shipped it uninsured on your own volition could you might have any responsibility to address the problem.

Well his point was I shipped him Scratched non Polar lens when he bought Polar
He thought I put the wrong pair in the box when I shipped
Thats why I kept asking him about the soft pouches. all my new lens are protected 24/7 and theirs no way they were non polar and scratched to boot
End of the day its my word against his and his buddys
Its really only worth a small amount of aggravation
I am passed that small amount :mad:

Not sure Wicked
When I inquired about the middle man all he said was he wasnt an Oakley guy and not to worry
I kept asking him if they were in the soft pouches I shipped them in. he really never answered that directly
You are technically only responsible from you to the guy you sent it to the way I see it. doesn't sound like the buyer is being 100% honest and forthcoming if he is not answering your questions.

You are technically only responsible from you to the guy you sent it to the way I see it. doesn't sound like the buyer is being 100% honest and forthcoming if he is not answering your questions.

Funny
Buyer saw this thread.
buyer says that they all came in The foam Pouches.

End of the day Im not calling anyone out on this.
They are happy and so am I.
I just learned a valuable lesson going forward

Next time maybe place a tamper-evident seal...like seal your package with tape and sign your name or whatever on top of it....it can show proof if anyone else opened it before the final delivery address.?

Next time maybe place a tamper-evident seal...like seal your package with tape and sign your name or whatever on top of it....it can show proof if anyone else opened it before the final delivery address.?

Good idea
But I feel honestly this was a one time Indecent.
But I will follow Frank's advice and take pictures of anything Im selling and send that to the Buyer as I ship

Pound sand. If it goes through a middle man, all bets are off.

Tough sitch. I see you resolved it cool. Due to the distance and out of country complications, my vote was partial refund too as it seems like a fair compromise. Just curious, did the buyer send you pictures of the received package, contents, and lenses?

Tough sitch. I see you resolved it cool. Due to the distance and out of country complications, my vote was partial refund too as it seems like a fair compromise. Just curious, did the buyer send you pictures of the received package, contents, and lenses?
Buyer texted me a pic of a scratched lens
But in all honesty I could take pictures of some of the new Fire Pols I have and say that's what I sent. two way street
I wish the Middleman would have checked the package before shipping to him.
2 months later I hear they are not what he bought !!!!!!!
I really dont have a reason to disbelieve him
I was just stuck on what to do.

IMO it's a fair meeting-down-the-middle thing you did, paying him $50. There is the slip-up that you didn't take pictures, but impressions and trading profile point to the idea you're not out to screw anyone over.

You already know the lesson in pics, but I hope you were in decent contact with the middleman if he really needed him. I personally don't want to bother with middleman situations regardless for this exact reason, unless I was the middleman (where I'd straight up establish what I got right out of the mail). You and the buyer can lose trust in each other, but the middleman is a pure X factor in itself.

The middle man seems like an unnecessary variable in this transaction.

I acted as middle man for the OP in a deal on a PBII from the UK, as the seller didn't ship to the US. I asked if I could check over the item before forwarding on, as it would have been easier for me to return it if there had been any issues. There weren't, so I sent it on, upping the packing protection a touch for its transatlantic trek. All agreed up front and no hassles.

In this instance, however, the role of the middle man is opaque and seems redundant, if @OakleyFreak was willing to post directly. One of the reasons I don't like eBay's Global Shipping Program is that it adds unnecessary links in the chain (that and the IHs stolen en route of course). Keep selling and buying simple seems a good mantra.

Latest Posts

Back