• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would you do with a still sealed boxed X Metal?

This particular pair will likely not get worn much but now I want to get a wear pair and red oem rubber set. That one I had was so cool with the red highlights.
Yeah I would wear it, but would also try and keep this one all original. Get other pairs if you want different color lenses and such. :cool-33:๐Ÿค™
I have one regular Mars and One crater like that. All original parts and black iridium.

The real problem now is I cannot have just one of anything ... I will now need the rest of the complete Mars series plus an equivalent wear pair... I have been down this rabbit hole before ๐Ÿ‡ Probably why I have treated Mars like hot potatoes in my hands in the past and sold them quickly... sigh.... here we go again
rabbit hole.gif

The real problem now is I cannot have just one of anything ... I will now need the rest of the complete Mars series plus an equivalent wear pair... I have been down this rabbit hole before ๐Ÿ‡ Probably why I have treated Mars like hot potatoes in my hands in the past and sold them quickly... sigh.... here we go again
View attachment 1058544
I'll save you from that hole

I'll save you from that hole
I have a bond with this pair now... it is the only X Metal I own that has only seen my face and I opened... that makes it special to me so that means I must traverse the hole once again... but slowly... Not doing like with the XX and put up a want to buy thread and end up with a dozen all at once ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have a bond with this pair now... it is the only X Metal I own that has only seen my face and I opened... that makes it special to me so that means I must traverse the hole once again... but slowly... Not doing like with the XX and put up a want to buy thread and end up with a dozen all at once ๐Ÿ˜‚
Save some for me. :cool-33:๐Ÿค™

You picked a bad time in history to collect the mars.....prices almost doubled in the last 3 years.

I have one unopened box but I put it in the plastic bag with the zipper. Does anyone know if that is enough to prevent foam deterioration. I am a little worried what OP posted about his experience.

I have one unopened box but I put it in the plastic bag with the zipper. Does anyone know if that is enough to prevent foam deterioration. I am a little worried what OP posted about his experience.
I don't think anybody knows. I'd break them open carefully just to preserve them.

Idk......dont collectors wanna see what their buying when dropping $1000.00+
If there sealed its really a guessing game and total trust.

Back