• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Would You Do....?

Agreed - bad descriptions are infuriating. I would just ask to return them at that point w/the reason why. If the seller wants to offer a negotiated price, thats his option - my bottom line is that it's pretty aggressive for your buyer to hold the glasses & $ versus a lower "negotiated" selling price.

The seller seems to have no negotiating power, but its truly the buyer who is at risk for theft or fraud claims.

Based on the limited info he could face 10-16 months in houscow and a fine from $3k-$30k if found guilty of mail fraud.

Agreed - bad descriptions are infuriating. I would just ask to return them at that point w/the reason why. If the seller wants to offer a negotiated price, thats his option - my bottom line is that it's pretty aggressive for your buyer to hold the glasses & $ versus a lower "negotiated" selling price.

The seller seems to have no negotiating power, but its truly the buyer who is at risk for theft or fraud claims.

Based on the limited info he could face 10-16 months in houscow and a fine from $3k-$30k if found guilty of mail fraud.
That's exactly why FreakFaces friend should email the seller and tell him that this is completely up to him. He will have it in writing that he meant no fraudulent harm in doing this.

I would contact the seller to let him that they showed up, so he doesn't think they are lost in the mail and some random person has them. As for the condition of the glasses that is a tough call. If your friend wants to keep them then he should offer come price to the seller.

I would contact the seller to let him that they showed up, so he doesn't think they are lost in the mail and some random person has them. As for the condition of the glasses that is a tough call. If your friend wants to keep them then he should offer come price to the seller.
he already contacted the seller and told him he has the item. i was told that they are settling on an amount since my friends wants to keep the item and the seller also apologized for the mistake. seller is also a collector and understands the devaluation a few deep scratches can make, especially on a grail item....

he already contacted the seller and told him he has the item. i was told that they are settling on an amount since my friends wants to keep the item and the seller also apologized for the mistake. seller is also a collector and understands the devaluation a few deep scratches can make, especially on a grail item....
Hopefully this will turn out to be good for both people.

Back